Zambia here we come!!

great news @reedy0312, hope you enjoy your trip down here.
do you know which of the GMA's you will be hunting?

Congrats! Sound like an exciting hunt!

great news @reedy0312, hope you enjoy your trip down here.
do you know which of the GMA's you will be hunting?

Pete, not sure of exact #? We will be near the south end of the North Luangwa Park

Pete, not sure of exact #? We will be near the south end of the North Luangwa Park
No worries, some very good gma's down that end.
You will enjoy the valley.

I'm looking forward to it @PeteG !

Tickets booked today!! Now its officially official..lol!!

Time to start marking off days on the calendar!

Wow that will be a dream! I have looked into hunting with them for Buffalo with a bow as they are bowhunters. Enjoy your great Adventure!

You have a great trip planned. Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories. Good luck my friend!

After about 8 months of dreaming, speaking with numerous outfitters from 3 countries over the phone, through email, and in person a decision has been made!

A fellow Tarheel and I will be going to Zambia in July to pursue buffalo, hippo, croc, and a variety of plains game with Strang Middleton of Balla-Balla Safaris!

Working on airline tickets now then the waiting game starts!!!

Very excited about being able to hunt in Zambia....
You will absolutely love Zambia. It is awesome and real authentic bush and wild.
I lived there for 6 years and hunted quite a bit on the local residence license system...fishing is also FANTASTIC there.

Can't wait to hear report. Thought a lot about Zambia myself for buff. How did your flight work out for getting there?

Can't wait to hear report. Thought a lot about Zambia myself for buff. How did your flight work out for getting there?

I want to get there as quick as possible with low layover times. Considering that, we are flying South African NY to JNB, layover about 3 hours in JNB then to Lusaka at noon. Finally a commuter to Mfwue and arrive there at 5pm

You will absolutely love Zambia. It is awesome and real authentic bush and wild.

Yes really looking forward to visiting the valley!!

I want to get there as quick as possible with low layover times. Considering that, we are flying South African NY to JNB, layover about 3 hours in JNB then to Lusaka at noon. Finally a commuter to Mfwue and arrive there at 5pm
I too would do the flights that way. Do you have to get RSA gun permits or can you check them through to Zambia

I too would do the flights that way. Do you have to get RSA gun permits or can you check them through to Zambia

Since we're flying Delta from NC to NY, and they are a bag share airline with South African, the guns can be checked all the way to Zambia, so that's nice!

Some practice today with @MikeNC ! Getting ready for croc and hippo! Thanks @MikeNC for hosting and for printing out the croc image! After a few adjustments we got the height right for a neck shot.

thumbnail (11).jpg
thumbnail (12).jpg
thumbnail (10).jpg
thumbnail (9).jpg
thumbnail (13).jpg
thumbnail (8).jpg

Also got the new 6.5 Swede dialed in!

thumbnail (2).jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Charles

Reedy0312, may I suggest you practice prone as well? That is how I had to take mine. At 70 prone is not as easy as it use to be, but it worked out well.

Reedy0312, may I suggest you practice prone as well? That is how I had to take mine. At 70 prone is not as easy as it use to be, but it worked out well

Will do sir, thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg