WR Ammunition

Jumbo

AH veteran
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
244
Reaction score
329
Location
Arusha, Tanzania
Media
45
Hunting reports
Africa
5
Member of
SAGA, SA Hunters, PBGRC
Hunted
RSA, Zim & Zambia
Has anyone had any experience with WR (Wolfgang Romey) ammunition from Germany?

They supply all the Express cartridge calibres and the info on trhe ground here is that it is ok, but I cant find any information on the bullet construction apart from it being bonded etc......but no real detail.

I am planning my Buff hunt and in Zambia, the only .470NE ammo I can find is this - and I am not sure if the bullet construction is up to the job?

Hope someone has tried it or can read German........their website doesnt seem to translate to English and my German isnt very good!

:confused:
 
I have not used any of their DG loads, but they are a source for a couple of obscure drillings in my safe. It is extremely hard to find in this country, but that I have used was excellent. A gunmaker friend of mine in Bavaria describes it is world class.
 
Thanks Red Leg,

I just wish I could get more detail on what bullet they actually load?
 
Jumbo you can use Google to translate the page automatically.

Give this link a whirl. It is an active link to the WR website through translate.

Google Translate
 
Brickburn, learn something new everyday!

Thanks!

but I see even now that they have no detail about what projectile they use! Guess I will drop them a mail.

thanks again.
 
Brickburn, learn something new everyday!

Thanks!

but I see even now that they have no detail about what projectile they use! Guess I will drop them a mail.

thanks again.

The same just keeps happening to me.
 
Woodleigh

Ok, after quite a bit of homework, all indications are that WR load their Nitro Express ammo with Woodleigh bullets!

So all in, I should be in good hands!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,757
Members
169,410
Latest member
tealish
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top