Would you like a Cigar?

Small
IMG_20210307_170401496.jpeg

I had a very busy weekend, between removing carpet, laying new flooring in the guess bedroom, and moving stuff out of the way. I needed a well deserved break. A good friend invited me to the 4th annual wild game dinner. The father of the host used to do this wild game dinner and did it every year for almost 40 years until the day he passed. One of the original guest suggested to the son to continue with the tradition, and he agreed. I was honored to be invited and welcome into this selected group of individuals. The majority of them are retired military (not required to be part of it), and one politician (city Mayor).

We started the festivities with a walk to the range, where everyone brought their favorite weapon. Some had ARs (223/556 & 300 Blackout), pistols (A S&W 500), and I brought my 375 H&H. Everyone had a field day shooting the 375 & the S&W 500. LOL.

After shooting we walked back to the house, and we were greeted with a venison sausage cheese dip, followed by gator bites as appetizers. Then we had goose stew and goat balls with a curry sauce (1st picture), followed by Ostrich over rice, (2nd picture). The food was flat out delicious. For dessert, we had an arrayed of different desserts, from key lime pie, to banana split, and other I can't remember. The picture is of the banana split. Oh, and they was plenty of beverages. :)

After dinner, we moved the festivities to the patio, and everyone proceeded to light up their cigars. Being such a special occasion, I brought four Cubans (gave two to the host), and smoked the other two. Needless to say, it was a fantastic evening.
goat.jpg

goose.jpg
banana.jpg
partagas.jpg
Hoyo.jpg

Today is a great evening, smoking a Padron 6000, and received a gift from a friend. A box of all of Drew State cigars with one of a kind in the box, check it out. :)

F6121AAB-07CA-4D78-8B56-1C8A942136B1.jpeg
6E61B69B-162B-4BC5-8F21-95A0EB15FF07.jpeg
9C5EF593-E2D9-4931-9DA8-AE074B5CF01A.jpeg

I’m a very happy smoker :)

My bad if I confused anyone. There is only one in the box, and if you look at the box, you'll see a Liga Privada H99, this is Drew State Liga Privada newest cigar. :)

The Liga Privada H99 came out first as a limited production cigar. Probably to test the waters and see if it would sell. These cigars are now on a regular production, but can't seem to find them anywhere. I hope to smoke it this weekend, and give you guys a report. I am a huge fan of the Liga Privada No. 9s & T52s, but unfortunately can't never find them on sale. :( So, I stick to the Undercrowns. :)

I don't know what it is with the Axis Mundi, but me and that Cigar just don't get along well. I love the flavor, but damn, I always have burn issues with these things. It's a Cigar that is rolled very tight, which I don't like. Maybe it's operator error. I just don't know?
About 1" in, I end up with a charcoal pocket that blocks the tobacco from burning evenly going forward, and then the cigar overheats trying to puff on it.

Eeesh!

I don't know what it is with the Axis Mundi, but me and that Cigar just don't get along well. I love the flavor, but damn, I always have burn issues with these things. It's a Cigar that is rolled very tight, which I don't like. Maybe it's operator error. I just don't know?
About 1" in, I end up with a charcoal pocket that blocks the tobacco from burning evenly going forward, and then the cigar overheats trying to puff on it.

Eeesh!
I hear you - not sure if it's me due to smoking too quickly but I get some of those now & then. Frustrating for sure though. I'm finally getting to where I figured out what flavors I like and pair that with the burn I like....getting to where I don't like messing with touch up's or poking at it. Maybe I'm too old & crotchety, I don't know :sneaky:
On the other hand next time I get an order together I'll try and get a few of those Axis Mundi to see if I get the same results so we can compare notes.

The Liga Privada H99 came out first as a limited production cigar. Probably to test the waters and see if it would sell. These cigars are now on a regular production, but can't seem to find them anywhere. I hope to smoke it this weekend, and give you guys a report. I am a huge fan of the Liga Privada No. 9s & T52s, but unfortunately can't never find them on sale. :( So, I stick to the Undercrowns. :)
A work associate, asked me about the Liga #9. Told him it was an excellent Cigar, albeit, with a higher price tag then average.
I guess I'm a bit of an enabler. I gave him a Le Bijou to sample, and now he's buying them from the cigar shop. I hope his woman doesn't come gunning for me, like Mort's... LOL.

I have not had any issues with the Mundis, (yet) but I’m also a slow smoker. I’ll take note next time I smoke one. Let them rest a bit and see what happens next.

BTW, not sure if you gents know this or not. The torpedos are rolled by the most senior experience rollers, and that is why you will seldom get a bad cigar.

Smoking an Undercrown :)

7AAC51F4-4D07-41FF-AD19-217023A83701.jpeg

If I win the lottery.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 8.29.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 8.29.31 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 8.29.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 8.29.35 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 8.29.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 8.29.39 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 42

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg