Would you like a Cigar?

This morning's smoke was a Guardian of the Farm Nightwatch Orpheus. This is truly an outstanding cigar in every way. and less expensive than some that are equally good. I really recommend this one.

Alec Bradley - Superstition...did not burn very well. Might have been some of my fault though since I was looking for some stuff in my storage unit and was smoking it intermittently (where you have to move 20 items to find what your looking for!!). Had to relight a couple times.

Alec Bradley - Superstition.jpg

It's a beautiful day, shipment came in. :)

1st shipment:
1 box of Archetype by Oliva
1 box of Oliva V Melanios (shocker)
10 pack of Camacho American Barrel Aged.

2nd shipment;
1 bundle of 20 Nub cigars Nuance Fall Harvest by Oliva.

ship.jpg

nubs.jpg

Shhhhhhh....... Don't tell Mort, but the Cigar Page My Father sale ,has been extended until tomorrow.

I know. I know. One step ahead of you. I am now getting 3 emails a day from Cigar Page, so no secrets. Smoking a nice Carillo during the ball game. Started with a Camacho, then an Oscar 2012. Not really into the game, but the smokes are great.

I know. I know. One step ahead of you. I am now getting 3 emails a day from Cigar Page, so no secrets. Smoking a nice Carillo during the ball game. Started with a Camacho, then an Oscar 2012. Not really into the game, but the smokes are great.
I get blitzkrieged daily, with Cigar page emails.

This game is lopsided. I wasn't expecting the Chiefs to look so stagnant.

Looks like Brady will get ring #7.

Not a Brady fan since the Patriots always beat on the Dolphins, but was hoping for a better game.

Today was my time to try the My Father Opulencia Petite. This cigar had a bit spicier bouquet than the others I'm comparing it to and the flavor was also more interesting. The construction was good with the only flaw being a somewhat rough wrapper. The whole "how rough or smooth a wrapper is the 'best'" subject is one I haven't explored, and I just go by what is visually appealing to me. Of course, we can start differentiating by saying the ultra smooth tobacco-paper finish is *not* one associated with fine cigars, but other than that, I don't know.

Somehow I accidentally ordered a bundle of the Oliva Flor de Oliva Lonsdale. This was 20 cigars at $44.00, so only $2.20 per stick. I had one this morning and it was a decent cigar. It just goes to show the rapidly diminishing returns that set in on higher priced cigars.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 8.30.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 8.30.11 AM.png
    261 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 8.31.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 8.31.44 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
Smoking an AVO Nicaragua :)

8A499DCA-C6B1-47AD-A566-D82F036B876C.jpeg

How about a bit more about those cigars, like where are they from, made, type of tobacco, etc, etc. :)

Had dinner from Fox Brothers BBQ, they came out on Man vs Food, and Dinners, Drive-Inns & Dives. I went to Atlanta today, and picked up dinner :). Now I’m relaxing while smoking a Camacho American Barrel Age
1F4A2E7F-98C4-42CF-9F2A-E5727BE5E5E9.jpeg

B1C4F559-DC3E-4C89-904D-0EBCD47401F1.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 10.11.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 10.11.39 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 10.11.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 10.11.42 PM.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 52
Very nice, I was not aware they were from Africa. So, how was your smoke?

After resting in the humidor for almost 2 weeks, I decided to try another Camacho Corojo. Much better then that first one. Maybe they did get shocked? The other Cigars in my order didn't seem to be affected?

Had dinner from Fox Brothers BBQ, they came out on Man vs Food, and Dinners, Drive-Inns & Dives. I went to Atlanta today, and picked up dinner :). Now I’m relaxing while smoking a Camacho American Barrel Age
View attachment 388843

View attachment 388844
Oh sure.....tease me with Southern BBQ Ribs.LOL.
We have a place in Tucson called Famous Daves BBQ. Excellent Ribs, pulled pork, and brisket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg