Would you like a Cigar?

Very nice! Please let me know how you like that My Father. Man, that is a nice cigar shop. We don't have anything remotely like that in my neck of the woods.

Will do. I'm going to fire up the La Promesa this afternoon. They are in short supply right now, but hopefully they will get in some more sizes soon.

Anthony's Cigar Emporium has 3 locations here in Tucson, and a couple in Phoenix. The one I go to is about a mile from where I live. Very convenient. They have a nice lounge, and provide free soda, coffee, or water, if you hang around to enjoy a smoke. Friday afteroons can be pretty raucous, as there is a group of guys that come in with bottles of Scotch. You can B.Y.O.B at these Cigar Lounges.

Last edited:
My Father "La Promesa", another excellent blend from the My Father factory. Ecudorian Habano Oscuro wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and fillers.

My local shop only had the 4 1/2 x 50 petites in stock, so I only bought one to sample. I wish I would have bought a couple more.

I will definitely be smoking more of these.

If you guys happen to try one, let me know what you think about it.
20190803_162233.jpeg

I smoked this Oliva V, Melanio last night. One of my favorites cigars, right next to the Padron Anniversarios. Too bad I can't afford to smoke these all the time, because these would be my go to cigars. :) Full body cigar, but not too harsh, and the taste is amazing and stays the same all the way through.

Oliva V.jpg

I was able to smoke one of those My Father La Promesa. A good friend gave me one to smoke, and it was real good. The draw was a bit hard, but the flavor was excellent, lots of smoke like all My Father cigars.

Famous Smoke shop has MF Promesa in stock. Or did, just FYI, before they filled my order.

I'm hoping somebody starts stocking the Toro size.

94636818-65AA-46AD-BC54-FD80EE020BCF.jpeg
Here is another favorite Camacho. This one is of course Nicaraguan, Rum Barreled aged.

Do those barrel aged cigars have a heavy liqour flavor, or is it more subtle? I was thinking about ordering a sampler.

No liquor flavor at all, just Tabaco. Not sure what the barrel aged is, but they are a bit different than the other Camachos. I like them a lot. I'd say they are full flavor, but not overpowering at all, they burn evenly, and smooth from the beginning to the end, with no change in the taste.

The info I saw said they age the tobbaco or Cigars in barrels that were used to age liqour. Rum, whisky, Sherry, etc.

I don't care for infused Cigars,like the Acid line, but I am intrigued by these barrel aged Cigars. Looking forward to sampling one.

Yeah, I don't care for them either. However, I've tried a couple of Kuba Kuba, and they were not bad, but not something I'd smoke on a regular basis.

I just got my delivery of the 3 different Nub Nuance (formally Cafe). The smell of caramel and coffee is amazing. They are going to need several weeks in the humidor (which I hope they don't intermingle too much with my others) but I can't wait for these!

641A4062-ADF9-4156-928F-7C4987DA3411.jpeg
15C7831E-9B7C-4244-B0C8-E6908685CF0D.jpeg
Christmas in Aug

Did you get in on that Famous Smoke shop deal?

Nope, I order them through Cigarpage.com.

Yeah, I don't care for them either. However, I've tried a couple of Kuba Kuba, and they were not bad, but not something I'd smoke on a regular basis.

I concur. Acid Blondie and Kuba Kuba are a nice change of pace cigar. It takes about 6-8 months or so to smoke a box. And you definitely want to keep them in a separate humidor from your other cigars. Or, sometimes I just stick a Boveda humidification pack in the box, because the boxes are really heavy duty, and you can just take out some of that tobacco stuffing they put in the box.

Stopped down to the Cigar shop to spend money, and hang out for awhile. Even brought my own juice. Enjoying a Scotch, and La Promesa. They got some Toro sizes in stock this week. They have some new flavors in stock as well. I picked up a Camacho barrel aged, Herrara Estelli, and AVO, plus my usual suspects.

Happy Friday, Gents.!
20190809_162705.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross