Worst Shot Turned Out To Be The Best Shot

About 3 years ago my son and I were hunting in Michigan with my father @Shootist43 and we hear a shot from his direction. Moments later I receive a text saying "Nice doe down come by at 1 to pick her up" So we arrive at his food plot at 1 pm as requested and find a dead doe just as reported. I start to inspect the deer and can't find a bullet hole anywhere. The only mark on this doe is two bugged-out eyes, no bullet hole at all. So Dad arrives on the scene and I ask him where were you aiming and he responded "high heart, low lung" After some very hard looking we found the location of the fatal shot, in one ear and out the other. Needless to say, he still gets a lot of ribbing around camp about his "high heart, low lung" shot.

I saw two deer taken with hits to the femoral artery. Both went down quickly in about 30 seconds. Blood sprayed like a garden hose. Don't know how yours survived so long. It was with arrows.

Client shot at an impala ram a ewe drop about 10m to the right on the spot.....I gave him the WTF stare big time.....rams have horns after all....
After closer inspection it turns out he did actually shoot the ram but somehow the bullet made a 90 degree turn inside the ram exited and dropped the ewe....I still dont like those bullets.....

In HS I shot a doe broadside at a normal 20 yds with my bow. She ran about 10 yds stood and fell over very quickly after the shot. I walked up to her to see a hole with blood dripping from it way back and up around her spine. I hit the artery square and she bled out lightning quick. I checked the arrow and sure enough it was bent. A few days earlier my lab had jumped into the back seat of my truck where my soft Kolpin bow case was. I had the quiver loaded with arrows in the pocket where the hard arrow case normally went and apparently easton xx78's couldn't hold up to an 83 lb dog treading on them.

Son shot an 8 point, it dropped was not dead. Ended up cutting his throat, could not find a bullet hole. It took another 5 minutes to finally bleed out. All I think of the bullet scrambled his brain and threw him off.

Way back in the day I spined a doe Darton bow, I knocked a second arrow to finisher her off and missed by 6 feet. I started to examine the bow and discovered the "Burger Button" had come off my bow. With no way to use the bow I was forced to do things the old fashion way and finisher with my knife.

Spine shots, femoral artery. Not intentional but very deadly.

Couple years ago shot at at roe deer. The doe was broadside when I started to pull the trigger, just at the moment I shot the doe she turned away. I saw it struggle, she was definitely hit. When I walked up to the doe she was already dead

I saw I graced the shoulder but no entry or exit hole. I inspected the doe and saw that after glancing the shoulder the bullet went under the chin. No artery hit but dead as a doornail.

I shot it with a 375 h&h, so I think the impact at the chin was enough for the neck the be violently snapped.

Golf ️ too!!!! I hit a shot that left a divot on the neck of cup, ball went 30 yards past the hole…. I have also sent a worm burner off the tee to end up an 1”from the cup….. sometimes it’s whipped cream on a turd. Better to be lucky than good!

A buddy shot at a deer from a tree stand with his bow. He said he thought he heard the arrow hit a branch. He waited 10 min, then approached and found the arrow with blood on it. We backed out and had dinner, then came back with lots of flashlights and headlamps. The tracking job lasted all of 15 yards. The arrow had perfectly sliced the neck near the back of the jaw. It was a major miss with a perfect result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg