Wolf attack in Poland

I think Polish brown bears are roughly grizzly sized but supposedly more laid back. In any case I like my odds better with a 10mm.

I do when in wolf/bear area. Otherwise, it's usually 9mm DA/SA P229 Legion or P365, depending on attire and situation. On rare occasions, when clothing permits and I feel like something fancy I wear a Kimber Classic Carry Elite 45ACP 1911 but P229 is the standard choice.
If your in wolf/black bear (not grizzly) country, even a 9mm with a good bullet is sufficient. One of our guys had to shoot a black bear attacking a neighbors goat with his 9mm using 147gr Remington Golden Sabre bullets and killed the bear with a couple of shots. Not recommended in my view, but that’s what he had available and was carrying?
I think Polish brown bears are roughly grizzly sized but supposedly more laid back. In any case I like my odds better with a 10mm.
Yes, then better with a 10mm.

Bears in Poland are Brown bears but by brown bear standards are not particularly large, I think an average male is about 400kg so more or less 900lbs. They are not particularly aggressive and their numbers are low. Attacks are rare and unprovoked attacks very rare. My understanding of what constitutes a provoked attack is different to that of the greenies. In their opinion, if one is walking on dirt and is attacked they have provoked it as all nature is for animals to control. But when some genius stuck his head inside a sow's den and happened upon her feeding her offspring and got mauled I say he asked for it! This is a true story btw, luckily for him he got so scared that he dropped unconscious on the ground and was left alone albeit somewhat mauled!

A few years ago, I translated a curious document for some American forum: the report of the Ministry of Internal Affairs on the use of pistols to protect against brown bears (this is the exact equivalent of a grizzly). With an indication of the model, caliber, the number of rounds used, the number of hits (if the bear was killed), and, so to speak, the score, in whose favor the result was. I don't know if I can find it now. According to a rough estimate, rounds of 9 mm or more (Makarov, Parabellum, Colt) were effective, farts of 6.5 mm were absolutely ineffective. 7.62-7.65 gave an intermediate result, which was a bit strange, since the cartridge for the TT is no worse than a 9-mm Parabellum in power, and the cartridge for the Nagant is also quite powerful. But nevertheless.

Is it possible they were attracted by the scent of the good food & drink?!

1614805697812.png

Ruger lcr in 9mm Para is enough for every wolf
Guess our member @edward shoots them on 50 meters with it :)

@Vashper
7,65 ist absolute not to compare with 9mm Para

Werner Koser (RIP),Ross River Outfitters/Yukon, told me, he shot a few with .357 Magnum.
The intern Grizzly is often not heavier than a European brown bear.Ive seen monsters in the Karpathian mountains.
But yes,they are more relaxed than grizzlies,mostly
Apologise for OT

Last edited:
Is it possible they were attracted by the scent of the good food & drink?!

Who knows, it’s certainly possible.

They are also expanding their diet. Several years ago, they’ve redeveloped beaver hunting skills.

Same subject but different continent.....There were two wolf attacks in Northern Saskatchewan a few years back. One was fatal and one not.
The wolves were hanging around a mine site dump and got habituated to humans. A mine worker decided to walk back to the barracks one evening to get some exercise. Fortunately, a mine transport bus came by during the attack and rescued him. A year later a young guy visiting the mine decided it would be cool to film the wolves at the dump. He never showed that evening and the later they found his partly consumed body. The dump was fenced after that incident.

Two forestry workers had been attacked by a pack of wolves in Poland today.

Two wolves attacked a worker approaching him from the front and one from the back. The man and his coworker defended themselves using chainsaws. According to the two men, after more than 10 minutes of keeping the animals at bay with running saws, the wolves left them alone.

This is not the first time wolves attacked people in Poland in recent years. In 2018 a lone wolf attacked and bit two children. The wolf was later shot and tested. It was a purebred wolf without rabies or other diseases.

There were other cases too. However, they are considered unconfirmed. In one case, a man was forced to climb a tree in which he sat for a couple of hours with a pack of wolves sitting below. His report was deemed untrustworthy as the man is a hunter...

Since 1998 wolves in Poland are under total protection and are only killed in very rare cases. Poland's total number of wolves is confirmed to exceed 2000 animals. This is some 5 times more than in the entire Scandinavia despite Poland being 1/4 the size and far more densely populated. Also, there are realistic estimates from the forestry offices placing the number as high as 3000-4000 specimens.

Unsurprisingly (to anyone on this site), any population control proposals bring out anaphylactic shock in the greenies.
Do you have a link to the original news story? Thanks

I work in the forests in Alberta. The other day riding my quad to my jobsite I went over the top of a hill right into a pack of at least six all black wolves. I had never seen a pack of all black ones. I was close enough to grab their tails as I went by. Not sure who was more startled , me or the wolves.

It is amazing how fast they can consume a deer, moose. If they did decide to take a person there would be nothing left.

Sadly the Arazis cult disguised as kind vegans have not only infilrated governing departments,but also european advisory joards. In their 1933 style worship of the predator Noblewolf like a divinity ,it will be quite hard for people to comprehend when a person is attacked up North,even with fatal en on the attack. Some of the people will be happy over it in their pagan dark nature worship.

It was a fatal attack in Sweden on a young keeperlady at Kolmgården few years ago by some of the socalled tame wolf. But accordingly to one Brit guy who i encoubtered in a commentary zone some weeks ago , that didnt count since it " was a prisoner in captivity against its warden".

More is happening around each week no one know about, so it look like now the cultist is influenced by India and their abominal/ erratic behavior. How one can fight that, well some months without much in stores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg