Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
Two forestry workers had been attacked by a pack of wolves in Poland today.

Two wolves attacked a worker approaching him from the front and one from the back. The man and his coworker defended themselves using chainsaws. According to the two men, after more than 10 minutes of keeping the animals at bay with running saws, the wolves left them alone.

This is not the first time wolves attacked people in Poland in recent years. In 2018 a lone wolf attacked and bit two children. The wolf was later shot and tested. It was a purebred wolf without rabies or other diseases.

There were other cases too. However, they are considered unconfirmed. In one case, a man was forced to climb a tree in which he sat for a couple of hours with a pack of wolves sitting below. His report was deemed untrustworthy as the man is a hunter...

Since 1998 wolves in Poland are under total protection and are only killed in very rare cases. Poland's total number of wolves is confirmed to exceed 2000 animals. This is some 5 times more than in the entire Scandinavia despite Poland being 1/4 the size and far more densely populated. Also, there are realistic estimates from the forestry offices placing the number as high as 3000-4000 specimens.

Unsurprisingly (to anyone on this site), any population control proposals bring out anaphylactic shock in the greenies.

......... His report was deemed untrustworthy as the man is a hunter...

Of course.
How would anyone ever think they could trust a hunter! :A Whacky:

Dancing with Chainsaws. That's a hell of a picture.
Good for them that they were able to fend them off.

a blanket cull of the excessive wolf population will never happen.
There is only one remedy:
more car driving in wolf areas :)
images.jpg

What we are trying to get in Poland is not a blanket cull but some discussion about population control. It is incredible how short sighted the society and the “elites” have become. Must someone’s child die while playing in the yard for there to be a reaction and for the society to sober up? Two blokes witch chainsaws managed to fend for themselves this time but sooner or later it’ll be someone defenceless. They have completely lost fear of people and routinely take dogs and farm animals right in front of people’s houses.

What we are trying to get in Poland is not a blanket cull but some discussion about population control. It is incredible how short sighted the society and the “elites” have become. Must someone’s child die while playing in the yard for there to be a reaction and for the society to sober up? Two blokes witch chainsaws managed to fend for themselves this time but sooner or later it’ll be someone defenceless. They have completely lost fear of people and routinely take dogs and farm animals right in front of people’s houses.

The sad fact is that yes, it will require a child to be killed, but for some of the hard core idiots I doubt they would bat an eyelash. Best of luck on getting things changed.

On the west side of town, a wolf attacked a guy's GSP. The man heard the commotion and ran out the back door along with his 100 pound labrador. The lab ran full tilt at the wolf and bowled it over releasing his buddy and they high tailed it back to the house. Even with all of this and the guy standing there, the wolf just got back up and even took a couple steps towards him as bold as brass.

Here in Texas, cougars, coyotes, wolves and such are considered varmints to be shot on sight.
Out in the country, that includes stray dogs; Multiple ranchers have asked me to to shoot any stray canines or cats that I can. No records kept or report forthcoming.

Here in Texas, cougars, coyotes, wolves and such are considered varmints to be shot on sight.
Out in the country, that includes stray dogs; Multiple ranchers have asked me to to shoot any stray canines or cats that I can. No records kept or report forthcoming.

Unfortunately over here the animal suffragists have managed to give stray and feral household animals an almost unicorn status. While I understand the need and support working towards well being of all native wildlife populations, including predators, I do not understand selective protection of one species at a cost of others. And a desire to protect stray cats and dogs is completely brainless, how can the greenies justify that and still talk about protecting and caring for nature? Feral cats have been implicated in a quarter of all bird, mammal and reptile extinctions globally. Australian research shows the average feral cat kills over 1100 animals per year! A very left/greenie leaning Australian ABC news had a headline inside one of their articles that went “Cat lobby more 'powerful than the NRA'”.

Poland has greenies too? Bummer.

I believe there has been one wolf attack confirmed in Alaska and I am aware of two in Canada. But compared to bear attacks that is very very rare. I think both of the Canadian wolves were pretty habituated to people. I was just chatting with a trapper and wild wolves seem pretty cautious of anything new or different.

So in other words a wolf attack is probably the end reof a lot of really bad intentions. Not the kind of thing that happened in say the Old West or modern Alaska.

10mm Glock!

Poland has greenies too? Bummer.

Very, very invasive species they are. And very irrational.

I believe there has been one wolf attack confirmed in Alaska and I am aware of two in Canada. But compared to bear attacks that is very very rare. I think both of the Canadian wolves were pretty habituated to people. I was just chatting with a trapper and wild wolves seem pretty cautious of anything new or different.

So in other words a wolf attack is probably the end reof a lot of really bad intentions. Not the kind of thing that happened in say the Old West or modern Alaska.

None of the Wolves alive in Poland today are familiar with hunting, so they have completely lost fear of humans. They roam in very close proximity to houses and frequently take stock animals and dogs from people’s yards.[/QUOTE]

I do carry a G20 with Zev trigger where wolves and/or bears are present.
Perfect! I carry my Glock 40 10mm (6"barrel) with Trijicon night sights, so I can reach out and touch something and make it happy! I LOVE my Glocks!

Opposite Pole do you mean you carry a 10mm in Poland?

Those wolves sould like glorified feral dogs to me. Not great.

Last edited:
Perfect! I carry my Glock 40 10mm (6"barrel) with Trijicon night sights, so I can reach out and touch something and make it happy! I LOVE my Glocks!
I'm actually not a Glock fan but can't deny it's a good dependable package. I hated the trigger on mine, I'm a rather poor handgun shot so need all the help I can get and the Zev trigger does help. I've got a Viridian light/laser combo on it to help things further.

Opposite Pole do you mean you carry a 10mm in Poland?

Those wolves should like glorified feral dogs to me. Not great.
I do when in wolf/bear area. Otherwise, it's usually 9mm DA/SA P229 Legion or P365, depending on attire and situation. On rare occasions, when clothing permits and I feel like something fancy I wear a Kimber Classic Carry Elite 45ACP 1911 but P229 is the standard choice.

I'm actually not a Glock fan but can't deny it's a good dependable package. I hated the trigger on mine, I'm a rather poor handgun shot so need all the help I can get and the Zev trigger does help. I've got a Viridian light/laser combo on it to help things further.
Yes, there are many fine handguns available. In my career choice, a handgun was required and when I transitioned from a revolver to a semi auto the Glock was issued and I’ve never looked back. I’ve owned a Colt Government 70 series .45 and it’s a fine handgun, but the Glock is the finest combat handgun I’ve ever shot. I have four Glocks.

I do when in wolf/bear area. Otherwise, it's usually 9mm DA/SA P229 Legion or P365, depending on attire and situation. On rare occasions, when clothing permits and I feel like something fancy I wear a Kimber Classic Carry Elite 45ACP 1911 but P229 is the standard choice.
If your in wolf/black bear (not grizzly) country, even a 9mm with a good bullet is sufficient. One of our guys had to shoot a black bear attacking a neighbors goat with his 9mm using 147gr Remington Golden Sabre bullets and killed the bear with a couple of shots. Not recommended in my view, but that’s what he had available and was carrying?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg