Winchester Power Points for zebra?

GaryO

AH senior member
Joined
Dec 5, 2010
Messages
63
Reaction score
7
Deals & offers
1
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
NRA
Hunted
South Africa
I will soon leave for the RSA to hunt kudu and zebra. Question: will 180 grain Power Point factory loads out of a 30-06 hold together well enough? Thanks...
 
I would rather use a Swift A-Frame
 
I don't have a problem with them, too me they are plenty of bullet for the game you are after.

I always think it's best to go with a bullet that is high in weight for the caliber you are shooting, a 180 grain fits that very well.
 
Im sure it would be fine but as pointed out 1st choice is the premiums with the top 3 recommendations, in order as near as I can tell, being Barnes (TSX or TTSX), Nosler partition and Swift A-frame.
 
Im sure it would be fine but as pointed out 1st choice is the premiums with the top 3 recommendations, in order as near as I can tell, being Barnes (TSX or TTSX), Nosler partition and Swift A-frame.

Agreed, but would add Nosler Accubonds to this list. Stick to the 180gr.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,337
Messages
1,573,254
Members
169,728
Latest member
AundreaDia
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top