Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zambia
This gun is way beyond my ability to purchase without getting a divorce. But if are a collector guns and WWII combined into one purchase, This is it. @Red Leg any info on this?

https://jamesdjulia.com/item/52400-...content=consignments&utm_campaign=gun_17_fall

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 2.56.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 2.56.17 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a M21 in 20 ga, but if I did I'd probably want to get one that I could shoot without remorse - but it is quite a nice gun.

Interesting. There have been a couple of articles over the years written about this gun - can not remember the publications (though one may have been the American Rifleman, but couldn't find it in a quick search). Bradley died in 88 and Winchester presented this gun to him sometime after 1953 when he retired (can't accept such gifts while a serving officer). Bradley was a Five-Star General - and the last surviving (hence the floor plate engraving) - They included Eisenhower, MacArthur, Marshall, Arnold, and Bradley. Four admirals also held Five-Star rank: Leahy, King, Nimitz and Halsey. I believe Eisenhower was also a recipient of one of these guns. Sad that such a thing would leave a family. His only daughter died rather recently, and I suspect this gun's sale is a result of inheritance squabbles.

The e-mail I received from Gray's Sporting Journal has an auction estimate of between 100 to 200k. That's a big spread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlorineKee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !