Winchester Custom 458 Lott

MA99

New member
Joined
May 3, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
23
Hello all!
I am new to the forum however I am looking for some advice. I have been presented with an opportunity to purchase a Winchester 70 chambered in 458 Lott. This rifle was a custom deal (only 50 made) made for Cabelas in 2004. The rifle is in immaculate condition and although it has been fired some there are very few handling marks. The price is 2400, and honestly I am really considering purchasing it however I wanted to know if this is a rifle that is a good choice for my upcoming (first) African Safari that I am attempting to schedule for 2022. Thank you all in advance!
 
Interesting. I did not know they made a Lott version of the Cabelas model 70. The win mag versions I have handled were quite nice.

if a Lott won’t do what you’d need it to, im
Not sure what will ;-)

although i bet your PH might have a slighter wider smile if it was a 375.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,077
Members
169,488
Latest member
SharynPico
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top