Why 97% Of Namibia Is Empty

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 11.09.52 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting and informative posts. I learned quite a bit from this.
Thanks,

HH

Very informative. Thanks for posting!

This was quite interesting. Thank you for posting!

The oil will change a lot of things in Namibia in the years to come.
Thanks for posting very informative.

It’s a beautiful country, only been there once but would like to go back. Like everything in life, that beautiful land has its secrets, and I’m sure over time they will be discovered

Thanks for sharing.

As usual, modern resource extraction and utilization will dramatically change the economy of Namibia.
Let us hope that is done to the benefit if the Namibian population as well as the benefit of the populations that benefit from the Namibian natural resources.

I watched the above when it was first posted elsewhere. (Have had a few raging arguments on the internet with the film's supporters) The evil White man BS is wearing a little thin with me. The current population of Namibia is 2.6 million. The population when the White man first arrived is unknown, but from researching, was probably between 20 thousand and 80 thousand. The Northern European brought the technology to drill the bore hole, or well. No African indigenous tribe could do this. Most of Namibia's people owe their ability to live in the desert to that technology. White's also brought modern medicine, cars, roads, their system of govt, and even the cell phone....that no African can seem to live without. No, indigenous only want to remember the bad. And there was some. Was it worse than the intertribal wars that often decimated or enslaved them? Don't know, but I doubt it. To hear libs talk, the Earth was a peaceful paradise before the colonies. But read a little history; that is a load. To the Northern Europeans settlers of old, I say "thank you". 2 million people in Namibia owe their lives to you. JMO. To the OP, thanks for posting. A lot of good info in there too....................FWB

The country cannot feed many people.
Namibia is the driest country south of the Sahara.
There is not a single river that has water all year round and flows into the sea.
In the 50ies there was a phase, where it did not rain for almost seven years..........
An ecological catastrophe for humans and animals.
Forgotten by the world.

Interesting insight into that great hunting country.

The challenge will be to ensure Namibia doesn't become what SA is headed for! Too bad the fleeing SA expats couldn't have gone to Namibia and set things up right. Soon there will be flocks of immigrants seeking jobs from all the places that SA has provided jobs in the past. New carpetbagger blacks from other areas should not change voting demographics. Either control access--unlikely, or make citizenship, not worker permits the right to vote. Texas is looking at similar immigration effects from Kallifornicate.

The fact is that the liberal views expressed by western writers as in this article are not shared by the majority of the black population. They want a better future, not revenge, and they know that it comes from working with the west, not against it.

Awesome video. I forwarded it to my brother whose a mining exec to get his feedback.

My favorite quote from him was "I once was scheduled to fly from Nigeria to Siberia because apparently the scheduler doesn't own a globe".

The country cannot feed many people.
Namibia is the driest country south of the Sahara.
There is not a single river that has water all year round and flows into the sea.
In the 50ies there was a phase, where it did not rain for almost seven years..........
An ecological catastrophe for humans and animals.
Forgotten by the world.
That must have been really rough, I wonder how they made it through such hard time.

interesting till the "bullshit" near the end
maybe the germans should have left them living under their trees while there were already cathedrals built in europe!

also the narrator speaks very badly, his pronunciation on many words is terrible. :LOL:

I watched the above when it was first posted elsewhere. (Have had a few raging arguments on the internet with the film's supporters) The evil White man BS is wearing a little thin with me. The current population of Namibia is 2.6 million. The population when the White man first arrived is unknown, but from researching, was probably between 20 thousand and 80 thousand. The Northern European brought the technology to drill the bore hole, or well. No African indigenous tribe could do this. Most of Namibia's people owe their ability to live in the desert to that technology. White's also brought modern medicine, cars, roads, their system of govt, and even the cell phone....that no African can seem to live without. No, indigenous only want to remember the bad. And there was some. Was it worse than the intertribal wars that often decimated or enslaved them? Don't know, but I doubt it. To hear libs talk, the Earth was a peaceful paradise before the colonies. But read a little history; that is a load. To the Northern Europeans settlers of old, I say "thank you". 2 million people in Namibia owe their lives to you. JMO. To the OP, thanks for posting. A lot of good info in there too....................FWB
In North America, South America, Australia or Africa did any indigenous progess past the Stone Age. Tell me about their contribution to the better of civilization.

In North America, South America, Australia or Africa did any indigenous progess past the Stone Age. Tell me about their contribution to the better of civilization.
I guess it all depends what betterment of civilization means to you. But Mesoamericans were using bronze tools, and smelting iron for ornamental purposes before “discovery”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg