Who makes this double

What are your thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9582.jpeg
    IMG_9582.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9583.jpeg
    IMG_9583.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9584.jpeg
    IMG_9584.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
Looking at the advertisement photos the breech on that 450/400 looks sleeved with circumference seem line and the barrel engraving line is in alignment with the rib extension.
Correct. I don't think it's a bad way to build a gun, but you normally see it on less expensive guns. It was easy to find lightly used non ejector Merkels in the $6-7K range in the 05-10' years. I think brand new they were only $8000ish if I recall correctly. And they kicked like a mule for a lot of us.
 
No, not seeing any joint seams. From what I’ve read the older 140’s were Shoe Lump and the newer 140’s are Monobloc with barrels threaded into the block just like a bolt gun barrel threaded into the receiver. The Monobloc is supposedly less expensive to produce with the added benefit of being structurally stronger. The 450/400 in the add may have been rebarreled although the add description doesn’t state that.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9597.jpeg
    IMG_9597.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 70

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,238
Members
169,288
Latest member
e39bmwcomv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top