Who has a blaser?

My .257 Wby barrel is supremely accurate.

I assume that’s the barrel you use when you want to “reach out and touch someone”

@One Day did a great thread on the R8.

Required Blaser shooting gear ...

iVChgYd.png

:) jking

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. So I guess the less than 25 caliber nonsense goes for 22-250 and 6mm as well? I'm just not a fan of what I consider boutique or hard to find calibers for hunting. Instead, for hunting, I get readily available calibers that will do the job like the .243, 30-06, .300 WM etc...

I've tried the 25-06 using a friend's rifle. It's a great flat shooting round and a great deer cartridge. But I can't see any compelling reason to get a 25-06 or the 257 whats-its-name given what I already have.

Since my nighttime hog hunt I've really wanted to do night time hunting again.
So I've been thinking of putting together a Coyote rig. Perhaps one of the the thumb-hole R8 Ultimate rifles with a thermal scope and threaded for a suppressor.

Of course the barrel would HAVE to be in .243.
@BigSteve57
Mate I've seen to much go wrong with 243s in the last 40 years. Easily available is good but not if it is a POS. I have a soft spot for the 22/250 and have shot a lot of game with it. The 70gn speer semi spitter is a great bullet for up to medium pigs
Bob

@BigSteve57
Mate I've seen to much go wrong with 243s in the last 40 years.
Huh. I haven't seen any problem with it in about the same amount of time. Maybe I just am lucky or know how to shoot .243?
Easily available is good but not if it is a POS.
Agreed.
I have a soft spot for the 22/250 and have shot a lot of game with it.
I'm not an emotional guy.
The 70gn speer semi spitter is a great bullet for up to medium pigs
Bob
Haven't used the 22-250 on anything larger than groundhogs.

Huh. I haven't seen any problem with it in about the same amount of time. Maybe I just am lucky or know how to shoot .243?

Agreed.

I'm not an emotional guy.

Haven't used the 22-250 on anything larger than groundhogs.
@BigSteve57
In Australia I would say that 90% of people load the wrong bullet in the 243s favouring the 87 grainers for everything. A nice 95gn SST would be a different story or a 100gn round nose.
At least not being an emotional guy I want have to by you a box of tissues
Bob

@BigSteve57
In Australia I would say that 90% of people load the wrong bullet in the 243s favouring the 87 grainers for everything. A nice 95gn SST would be a different story or a 100gn round nose.
At least not being an emotional guy I want have to by you a box of tissues
Bob
We've only ever shot 100gr. and sure I'll take the free box of tissues as I'm a cheap SOB. :ROFLMAO:

We've only ever shot 100gr. and sure I'll take the free box of tissues as I'm a cheap SOB. :ROFLMAO:
@BigSteve57
You can't be that cheap an SOB If'n y'all have a Blaser. Cheap is owning a Savage that shoot tiny little groups at bargain prices and kills shit that you aim it at.

I have two Blaser R93, one is a green stocked Professional and the other is a Makura Ulrich Takedown with superb walnut stock. 25-06 with open sights, 30-06 with open sights, 7mm Rem Mag no sights and Magna-ported and 375 H&H with open sights and a Blaser radial brake. All have quick release mounts with Schmidt and Bender 6x42, Zeiss Victory 2.5-10x50 and Meopta 3-12x56. I have an Aimpoint that will likely land on the 375H&H barrel.
All I know is that guys that haven't shot an R93 seem to know a hell of a lot about them and those that have them usually keep them.
Sure they aren't the only rifle out there but they are pretty good none the less.
Cheers
John
180A1355.jpg
180A1348.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg