Whitworth

Stamp Collector

AH senior member
Joined
May 5, 2021
Messages
64
Reaction score
120
Location
Freeland, Michigan
For sale, is a Whitworth chambered in 375 H&H.

The stock was nicely refinished and bedded by the previous owner. He also had professionally installed a new recoil pad, Gentry safety and Timney trigger. Includes Talley 30mm quick detach scope rings as pictured.

$1750 shipped. Prefer PayPal or Venmo for payment.

Zeiss Diavari Z 1.5-6x42 is not included but can be sold with the rifle for an additional $600.
IMG_3071.jpeg
IMG_3071.jpeg
IMG_3070.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Can someone please educate me on Whitworth rifles? I don't know their reputation or really much of anything about them.
 
Good looking rifle!
 
Interarms M98 made across the pond with better wood and cross-bolted. Shooters. ('Had 3.) Very nice piece and good prices! (Sent to 3 hunting friends, 2 of which have no 375 presently)
 
This is a very nice rifle. Did you measure the length of pull? And how long is the barrel? Thanks for the post.
 
Nice Rifle setup, very accurate rifles, I think there was a member looking for one on here in the few weeks past @Coues106
 
Oh I’m looking at it for sure @Dublinpiper90, thanks for the tag. Out of my budget but the extra work done makes it seem worth it. Decisions decisions….
 
Can someone please educate me on Whitworth rifles? I don't know their reputation or really much of anything about them.
They were built on Mark X actions (M 98) for Interarms by Zastava. Very good rifles. I've had one in .458 since 1981 and have taken two cape buffalo bulls. Like the one for sale here, I outfitted mine with a Timney trigger and an M 70 type safety. I am never selling mine!

I also got a Mark X action and had a .300 Win Mag built. I outfitted that one the same way and have taken many animals from an impala ewe to a bull.moose. I'm not selling that one either. Due to.my success with this action you could say that I believe in it. If I could justify buying another rifle, I'd be buying this one.
 
All the bells and whistles ... except only one crossbolt? Whoever buys it should check for a second internal one between box and trigger. If none then one should be added. A very easy fix anyone can do with a Dremel tool, tube of JB Weld, and 1/4" threaded rod. That is too pretty a piece of wood to risk cracking.

It's an unbelievable price. I built my 404 on Czech 98 Mauser with all the same improvements and did most of the work myself. Still had almost $3K into it.
 
Can someone please educate me on Whitworth rifles? I don't know their reputation or really much of anything about them.
The best explanation a guy gave me one time. There just a rifle, not a bad rifle not a great rifle but a rifle that is reliable, hits what you're aiming at does what a rifle is suppose to do.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,865
Members
169,451
Latest member
Nickjohniu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top