Whitworth express 375HH

Yea....if you vision the top round on the right side..the middle of the bullet lines up with the edge of feed ramp..which tells me somethings not allowing the nose of the bullet to point up at a shallow angle..just my guess.
 
Well guys....an amateur gun smith with a dremel tool is a dangerous thing...but..I think I fixed it. Where the magazine box meets the bottom of the reciever on left side there was a lip. This lip should have been milled out further at factory. The lip was catching the follower and not allowing the follower to come up far enough with three rounds in the gun. I could push the follower down sometimes times and it would catch on this lip and not come all the way up. So..I dremeled the lip even with the mag box...polished it...reblued it..and put gun back together. I loaded it up 7 times with three rounds and it fed perfectly each time. When I push the follower down regardless of how I do it..it pops back up all the way to the bottom of the bolt rails like it should. Oh well...we will see now. I'm almost happy again. No matter how I load it it..it feeds like it should.
 
Heym 88, been following this thread for a while now, found it very interesting. I am glad you got it sorted out. I hate buying a gun only to find out it has issues.
 
Thats great news indeed! We figured it was something like that. It sounds like you got it but of course it will take some time to be totally confident of the repair. Good luck with it, these are good guns.
 
Thanks guys....your right about taking some time for confidence to build back up. I hate buying guns only to find out they have issues as 35 bore has already stated. I just took my time and finaly found out what I thought looked wrong...guess so far I was right...the de milling and polish isn't gun smith perfect LoL..but it seems to be working. I just love the looks of the old classic bolt gun and it fits me like a glove...I think I'll keep her.
 
I'm glad you are falling in love with the gun! Also happy you figured out the problem. There are lots of problems with guns miss feeding cartridges into the gun. I have a 270 Win in a Remington 700 BDL that drives me nuts not feeding correctly!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,385
Members
169,553
Latest member
LeeBennet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top