huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hey everyone, I’m looking at booking a whitetail hunt for my wife as an early retirement present for putting up with all my deployments and stuff that comes along with the military life. The hunt would have to be in 2025 or 2026 when we get back the the states. We talked about doing an elk hunt but that will have to wait. I’m not hung on an axis deer however if we hunted Texas (not set on Texas) and it was an option I would highly consider it. I know she does not want a high fenced hunt. Anyone have any recommendations on a place that does whitetail and anxis and won’t break the piggy bank? Or another nice whitetail guide?

Thanks in advance,

Logan Adams

Last edited:
The best times for axis and whitetail aren’t the same. The best time for axis is May-August and from my understanding there is a smaller winter herd that have a different growing cycle and have horns early in year. I hunted axis for first time August 2020. It was all free range spot and stalk. I saw several hundred deer. I enjoyed it much more than any whitetail deer I’ve hunted. My first axis was actually still rutting and was roaring in morning with a group of does and a smaller buck. My second axis was in a huge herd of maybe 40(?), maybe more, difficult to tell because long line that we paralleled a long ways before getting a shot. I hunted with Texas Safaris near Sonora, Texas and highly recommend. He also does whitetail hunts.

I would be glad to help you. I have a mixture of low fence and high fence options.

Reactions: BWH
Logan, please give me a reason to go to Hawaii for Axis. My wife isnt overly interested in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois