White water rafting

ActionBob

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Texas Hill Country, Central Minnesota, SW Kansas.
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Australia, Tanzania, Iceland
I had the Sportsman Channel playing in the background and a show called Universal Huntress came on and after hunting these young ladies went whitewater rafting. It was in the Free State and I think they said on the Ash River.

I would imagine you don't want to do that on just any river in Africa!

My wife is a nut about river rafting. We've only done it 5 or 6 times but once was down the Grand Canyon. That was a BLAST!

How many areas are there to do this? Any outfitters on here who offer this as a side trip or who know where to send clients after the hunt? As we tend to go in the warmer seasons, It would be a great break for a short run mid day between hunts or even the rest of the day after a morning hunt.

http://www.outrageousadventures.co.za/ash.html

wp3ab82f73_05_06.jpg
wpd94f9da4_05_06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Paddle faster I hear banjos

Squeal like a warthog Bwana!

Email Hannes Swanepoel at: big5game@worldonline.co.za
He has mentioned whitewater rafting (also zip lining, sky diving, shark cage filming, marlin fishing, and bungee jumping as well) to me a couple times over the years but I only like hunting hooved game and birds plus fly fishing when over there.

Have a plan. Execute the plan. Enjoy Life

Have a plan. Execute the plan. Enjoy Life

Ya know, that is one of the cool things about this site. Folks here do this for the most part I reckon. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelaHo

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.