Whisky appreciation

Cheers to 1000 posts with whiskies good friend.
IMG_3541.jpeg
 
4C084F89-36AE-4F57-B2F5-13EE9C1A6513.jpeg

Went out on a limb today. It’s a different kinda bourbon, but it has some good flavor and an oily finish. Caramel , vanilla, caramelized figs, pecan with a brown sugar banana nose.
 
My fellow whiskey drinkers, if anyone can use this, send me a message. It will fit a belt up to 2" in width. I bought it as a gift for my brother, but he no longer drinks. I have one for myself and love it. It's brand new and the hide is Cape Buffalo.
 

Attachments

  • Pic 12.jpg
    Pic 12.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Pic 13.jpg
    Pic 13.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 23
I grew up near one of the biggest producing Scottish whisky regions.

When recently back up there, doing a deer management course, I stayed with an old friend, in the speyside region, who now lives near the de facto whisky capital of Scotland. A village called Dufftown which owes its existence to being built for producing whisky.

The locals have a saying “Rome was built on seven hills, Dufftown was built on seven stills”! Which says it all!

The vast array of whisky bottles available from the small local village shop (think 711 type corner shop) amazed me. Some rare and / or expensive bottles I have not seen available before in other shops in Scotland .

I bought a lovely 20y old local distillery bottle, one I have never heard of before (mainly as it produces for blended whisky).

If you ever are in Scotland the Spey
side region/ Moray county is home to a large number of distilleries which you can visit. The small village pubs are awash with so many different kinds of malt you would be spoilt for choice! Here’s a pic of 2 I bought up there.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
My fellow whiskey drinkers, if anyone can use this, send me a message. It will fit a belt up to 2" in width. I bought it as a gift for my brother, but he no longer drinks. I have one for myself and love it. It's brand new and the hide is Cape Buffalo.
I’ll send you a DM and offer a trade.
 
My fellow whiskey drinkers, if anyone can use this, send me a message for good price. It will fit a belt up to 2" in width. I bought it as a gift for my brother, but he no longer drinks. I have one for myself and love it. It's brand new and the hide is Cape Buffalo.
 
crossfire3006 said:
My fellow whiskey drinkers, if anyone can use this, send me a message for good price. It will fit a belt up to 2" in width. I bought it as a gift for my brother, but he no longer drinks. I have one for myself and love it. It's brand new and the hide is Cape Buffalo.

Cape buffalo hide is about as fitting as it gets for a proper whisky belt rig. Somebody's going to snag that pretty quick.
 
I grew up near one of the biggest producing Scottish whisky regions.

When recently back up there, doing a deer management course, I stayed with an old friend, in the speyside region, who now lives near the de facto whisky capital of Scotland. A village called Dufftown which owes its existence to being built for producing whisky.

The locals have a saying “Rome was built on seven hills, Dufftown was built on seven stills”! Which says it all!

The vast array of whisky bottles available from the small local village shop (think 711 type corner shop) amazed me. Some rare and / or expensive bottles I have not seen available before in other shops in Scotland .

I bought a lovely 20y old local distillery bottle, one I have never heard of before (mainly as it produces for blended whisky).

If you ever are in Scotland the Spey
side region/ Moray county is home to a large number of distilleries which you can visit. The small village pubs are awash with so many different kinds of malt you would be spoilt for choice! Here’s a pic of 2 I bought up there.
Definitely rare offerings.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,795
Members
169,414
Latest member
AileenA946
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top