Where Can You Get a Black Rhino Ticket

Wemshie

AH member
Reaction score
Afternoon guys,

I have never hunted Africa, but have some very nostalgic, romantic notions of hunting there in the future.

The question I have revolves around the black rhino. My understanding is that for the real Big 5, you need a black rhino. However, there are hardly any permits sold every year and those that are sold are hideously expensive.

Where are these permits sold? Are they all auctioned through a central auctioneer or are they sold to outfitters who then flog them on?

Cheers!

Gareth

:S Troll:

It means that they are rather concerned/suspicious about the motive for your post. It is a rather strange apparently judgmental, ill informed query.

Troll: to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content.

There are few permits due to few Rhino's available.
Supply and demand tends to drive the price.

Corey Knowlton parted with $350000 USD for the opportunity a few years ago.

Have you noticed outfitters here on AH are "flogging on" hunting opportunities all the time.

Look to Namibia for your best opportunity and save your money. The price is not coming down any time soon.

You never hunted in Africa...let alone any member of the big 5.....you have made 3 posts since joining.....

And you are asking where you can get a permit for one.....

Auctioned....central auctioneer....flogged on by outfitters.....

Heaven help us......

Thanks for the clairification. I can assure you that the query is not judgemental (in ironic contrast to the accusation that I was judged a troll...)

I appreciate there are few opportunities and situation may not change soon. Unfortunately, I live in the UK and there is a looming cloud of trophy bans incoming...

Appreciate the info!

It means that they are rather concerned/suspicious about the motive for your post. It is a rather strange apparently judgmental, ill informed query.

Troll: to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content.

There are few permits due to few Rhino's available.
Supply and demand tends to drive the price.

Corey Knowlton parted with $350000 USD for the opportunity a few years ago.

Have you noticed outfitters here on AH are "flogging on" hunting opportunities all the time.

Look to Namibia for your best opportunity and save your money. The price is not coming down any time soon.
Almost choked on my tea when I saw the $350K. How many typical non-rhino hunts would that net you, would you say?

Almost choked on my tea when I saw the $350K. How many typical non-rhino hunts would that net you, would you say?
Fortunately, that 350K helps black rhino protection meaningfully. And rather like the wing shooter ordering a matched pair of Holland & Holland Royals for a quarter of a million USD, anyone bidding that, obviously looks at the investment differently than those with incomes like most of us here.

Fortunately, that 350K helps black rhino protection meaningfully. And rather like the wing shooter ordering a matched pair of Holland & Holland Royals for a quarter of a million USD, anyone bidding that, obviously looks at the investment differently than those with incomes like most of us here.
Oh for sure, and I expect that much money goes a pretty long way too. I have enough difficulty bringing myself to spend a fraction of that even after deciding a year ago it'd be alright.

Afternoon guys,

I have never hunted Africa, but have some very nostalgic, romantic notions of hunting there in the future.

The question I have revolves around the black rhino. My understanding is that for the real Big 5, you need a black rhino. However, there are hardly any permits sold every year and those that are sold are hideously expensive.

Where are these permits sold? Are they all auctioned through a central auctioneer or are they sold to outfitters who then flog them on?

Cheers!

Gareth
You are completely right,.... and I can provide the ticket.

250 000 $... in advance,....it's a steal!!!

You have to hunt it with a slingshot.

I'll take the video.

:cool:

HWL

You are completely right,.... and I can provide the ticket.

250 000 $... in advance,....it's a steal!!!

You have to hunt it with a slingshot.

I'll take the video.

:cool:

HWL
Will you provide the slingshot or do I have to buy my own? Because if I have to buy my own, I expect a discount!

No renegotiations....

HWL

It's actually quite simple to hunt black rhinos. They typically cost a few hundred dollars. And you normally hunt them with AR 15, sorry the scientific name is Assault Rifle, or ghost gun. You want to make sure you unload the entire 30 round magazine clip. As they can be rather tough animals. You want to make sure the dying phase only lasts a few hours cause days would be cruel.

Welcome to the forum you'll learn tons here.

It's actually quite simple to hunt black rhinos. They typically cost a few hundred dollars. And you normally hunt them with AR 15, sorry the scientific name is Assault Rifle, or ghost gun. You want to make sure you unload the entire 30 round magazine clip. As they can be rather tough animals. You want to make sure the dying phase only lasts a few hours cause days would be cruel.

Welcome to the forum you'll learn tons here.
I presume I fire the AR15 one handed from a helicopter? And have a witty comment ready for the final moments?

$350,000 us = $2,275,805 Chinese Yuan. FYI. Cause that's who's probably financing the hunt anyway.

You no longer need to buy a ticket, you get get it on Amazon for $16.40.

03BF1090-1DA1-4DF4-8BE4-159AB032A448.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yinengyul5033

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.