Where can you bow hunt Hippo and Rhino?

I'd like to help if I can..

What are you looking for specifically? An outfitter who can do both hunts, or a destination that offers both species?

I assume you are looking for a dart hunt on the Rhino?

Just check on the legality within South Africa to do these with a bow. I had a client for black Rhino but bow was a must. We could not legally do the hunt in South Africa with a bow. I'm reasonable sure that the same would apply for hippo.

I am referring to killing the above species with a bow.

Allow me some time to contact authorities to clarify.

My very best as always

Last edited:
Bow Hunting Rhino is out of the question. Nowhere in Africa will you ever get a permit to legally bow hunt a Rhino by killing it. Rhino hunting is only legal in Namibia and South Africa. Both countries do not allow bow hunting of Rhino.

Your only chance to legally bow hunt Rhino is to apply for a dart hunt. Don't let anyone tell you you can do it with no additional permits requirement. YOU NEED A DART HUNT PERMIT from VETERINARY, it can be applied for with the right motivation and recommendation.

Same with Hippo, I bow hunted a Hippo in December 22. I applied for the Bow hunt permit, after it was rejected I re-wrote my application and motivation. It was approved 14 days later.

If you are serious and want to do it the right and legal way you are welcome to contact me.

Bow Hunting Rhino is out of the question. Nowhere in Africa will you ever get a permit to legally bow hunt a Rhino by killing it. Rhino hunting is only legal in Namibia and South Africa. Both countries do not allow bow hunting of Rhino.

Your only chance to legally bow hunt Rhino is to apply for a dart hunt. Don't let anyone tell you you can do it with no additional permits requirement. YOU NEED A DART HUNT PERMIT from VETERINARY, it can be applied for with the right motivation and recommendation.

Same with Hippo, I bow hunted a Hippo in December 22. I applied for the Bow hunt permit, after it was rejected I re-wrote my application and motivation. It was approved 14 days later.

If you are serious and want to do it the right and legal way you are welcome to contact me.
Perfect!

How long ago did they outlaw bow hunting rhino with a bow? I'm sure it's been awhile. I'm just curious. You can videos online of hunters hunting them.

I'm not sure I got a clear answer on Hippo hunting with a bow? Where is it legal?

You could Hunt Hippo with Bow in Both Zambia and Tanzania, with Zambia probably being the better option. Please feel free to email me if you are interested. info@spearsafaris.com
Cheers Ernest

I don't believe you can hunt all those countries with a bow for them.

Can you hunt Hippo or crocodile in Zimbabwe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross