Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
@norfolk shooter
I say old chap us colonials in Australia just chuck our dacks or stubbies on with a blue singlet or a flano and a pair after Blundstones or If'n you are a bit flash a pair of R M Williams and go as and shoot shit.
Simple and the absolute pinnacle of high fashion..
After the hunt we take the boots off chuck on a nice pair of comfortable well worn double pluggers (singles are no good you get to many blow outs) sit around the campfire with a few coldies and bullshit to each other
Bob
If you are English or American please don't ask for a translation of the above Australian queens English
Funny, but I did have to look up "double pluggers" just because it sounded weird. ;)

Jörg Krüger

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa
Having a knowledge pool like AH to draw from helps one to make an informed decision.
A decision that could go either way.

It's my opinion that people will look for facts to back up their own thoughts on a subject.
Instead of trying to be objective and weigh the pros and cons of a particular purchase.
It's tough with rifles (or cars/women...etc), sometimes they just speak to you and you gotta have 'em.
@BeeMaa you it the nail right on the head brother.
In my opinion, an informed decision is not always the way too go for some of us. Sometimes ( or a lot of times) things just appeal to us for what ever reason.I for one would go for the 400 H&H.,for no other reason of it being the odd ball out..
I have a (and love my) 308 Norma Magnum, and would love to own the whole Norma range.
It's not always practical but it appeals to me.
It's not easy or cheap but it defirintiates the mass market to something special in my eyes.
Yes, there are other calibers that do the same job just as good, but do they have the history or nostalgia behind them?
Each for their own I guess., but thats just me

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
@norfolk shooter
I say old chap us colonials in Australia just chuck our dacks or stubbies on with a blue singlet or a flano and a pair after Blundstones or If'n you are a bit flash a pair of R M Williams and go as and shoot shit.
Simple and the absolute pinnacle of high fashion..
After the hunt we take the boots off chuck on a nice pair of comfortable well worn double pluggers (singles are no good you get to many blow outs) sit around the campfire with a few coldies and bullshit to each other
Bob
If you are English or American please don't ask for a translation of the above Australian queens English
Bob thats a ripper. Im actually crying with laughter

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HansGuerci

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?