Whats on your Hunting "bucket list"

Still working on an African hunt (plains game) but here's the bucket list - Elephant, Cape Buffalo and Lion in Africa; Water Buffalo in Australia; driven Grouse in Scotland and Fox in England (the old fashioned way)

Hahahaha I do have an urge for a stool made from an elephant foot and maybe a matching umbrella stand for walking sticks.... and who doesnt want to take on an old pissed off dugga boy up close. Reeeely close.

I think I also want to hunt a Bison with a Sharps (maybe 45-120 just cuz everybody uses 45-70) and crossed sticks.

Yeah I guess lets add Pronghorn to the list too.

I want it all but most importantly to do the hunts they way I want and with good people. The experience is number one. But I do need a leopard! Brown/grizzly bear.. should have had a grizz this spring but it was not to be.... The rest of the tiny 10, civit, wild cat and honey badger... Bongo and dwarf forest buff. Moose and elk. I'd love to get a mountain goat... Audad and mule deer are on the short list..... I could go on... Another that is not all about hunting is to walk on all 7 continents. Anybody know if it is possible to hunt anything in Antarctica?

................. Anybody know if it is possible to hunt anything in Antarctica?
Ice cubes.
Plenty with a camera. Leopard Seal, Penguins.

Reactions: lcq
I am a great grandpa and time is running out. I would like:
Croc
Alligator
African varmints- jackal, caracal, genet, civet
Brown bear (try again!)
Livingston eland
Winning Powerball, then "if it moves, it dies"
Giraffe (they are so amazing and tough skinned!)
Maybe a Cape buffalo
Mountain lion (try again!)
Alaskan mountain goat (I'll never draw one in Colorado...stupid lottery system!)
Not sure I have enough years/money left to do this

Helicopter hog hunt, death from above. I'd appreciate hearing from those who have done it
I helicopter hog hunted a couple of years ago. Cedar Ridge Aviati
image.jpeg
on I think. Saw 25, killed 21+2 coyotes southeast of Abilene, TX. WONDERFUL fun! I highly recommend it on your bucket list. I think it was $2,000 then.
Too much fun!!!

I like the idea of breaking it down by feasibility:

Realistic/next trip to africa hopefully:
Leopard
Nyala
Another kudu (can you ever really get enough)
Bush buck
Buffalo

Other:
Mountain Lion
Grizzly Bear
NZ red stag (booked for next summer!)

Dreams:
Irish Elk!
Tiger
Polar Bear

Well here is my bucket list.
1 Red Stag
2 Mountain Lion
3 Cape Buffalo
4 Mule Deer
5 6 X 6 Elk
6 Bushbuck

I have only done three pay hunts. All of the rest of my hunting has been on public land with a tag.
Tom

I have yet to take my first African animal so any of them, a Cape Buffalo and Leopard being at the top of the heap. One of the great bears, brown, griz or polar and doesn't really matter where the hunt takes place. A driven bird hunt in Scotland and while I'm there some deer hunting would be nice, a McNab would be better yet.

I want to wake up in a tent and hear wild lions roaring.

Lion, leopard, bushbuck, Val Rhebok, mountain nyala.

Why would they haul a helicopter on a trailer? Is it broke?

I put together this list a few years ago when I got married.
Each of our yearly vacations include hunting of some sort, and I've been able to cross off a few... with others in my sights.

#1 350" Bull elk with a bow (done last year 352")
#2 Black Bear (unsuccessful Alaska Hunt, but heading back)
#3 Mountain Lion (Fall 2017)
#4 Moose
#5 Anything on an African Safari (the thought was just a dream, but some how we managed to book a trip for July 2017, see list below)

Africa List
#1 Nyala
#2 BIG Warthog
#3 Gemsbuck
#4 BIG Baboon
#5 Kudu
#6 Sable

Oh boy is this a loooong list but for times sake
1) Leopard, Elephant, and rhino ( since I'm dreaming preferably black rhino) to finish off my Big 5
2) Bongo, forest buff, and LDE
3) croc and hippo on land
4) Romanian brown bear, stag, and Chamios to finish my Romanian big game slam
5) New Zealand thar
6) Roosevelt and common sable
7) musk Ox on a true Arctic hunt
8) Mountain Goat
9) mountain lion
10) Harliquan duck in Alaska
If I made it that far I'd have to say Marco Polo sheep and Ibex/argali would be next after those. In reality if I get 1/4 of that in my life I'd be shocked.

Hahahaha I do have an urge for a stool made from an elephant foot and maybe a matching umbrella stand for walking sticks.... and who doesnt want to take on an old pissed off dugga boy up close. Reeeely close.

I think I also want to hunt a Bison with a Sharps (maybe 45-120 just cuz everybody uses 45-70) and crossed sticks.

Yeah I guess lets add Pronghorn to the list too.
I can help you with pronghorn and bison. ( I even have an all original 1874 Trap door you could use to shoot it)

I helicopter hog hunted a couple of years ago. Cedar Ridge AviatiView attachment 157042 on I think. Saw 25, killed 21+2 coyotes southeast of Abilene, TX. WONDERFUL fun! I highly recommend it on your bucket list. I think it was $2,000 then.
Too much fun!!!

thanks may do it before the next Africa adventure

Let me revise my earlier list into 2 categories

Hopeful/Realistic(maybe):

Leopard,
Grizz/brown bear
Lion in SA
Mountain goat
Water buff in Australia

Land better paying job/win lottery:

North America sheep slam
Alaska Moose
Tanzania Lion/leopard/buff/whatever else combo
Lord Derby Eland
Bongo

From Africa I actually have 16 species, and will add another 6 (hopefully) in about a month.

After that, realistically, hippo and hyena.

I already have 31 trophies on my walls and will run out of space :E Shake Head:

My bucket list:
Lord Derby eland (booked for Cameroon 2017)
Bongo
Lesser kudu
Sitatunga
Mountain nyala

I figure I'll add I some plains game including sable and roan, probably a leopard, another buffalo or two and maybe an elephant along the way, but the spiral 9 is what I'm really basing my hunt planning/budgeting on.

Aoudad and Bison are both on the short list in North America..

Red Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, and Impala are all on the priority list for Africa (I know.. Nothing exciting for most.. But all new and exciting for me...)....

I will take what the good lord lets me have and the assholes in Washington let me afford after raping my paycheck!
All I really care about is making sure both my boys get to hunt Africa, got the first one done this year and the second one in about 4 years.
I would love for my Dad to make a trip over with me but he said his time in North Africa in the 60's wasn't enjoyable. Maybe treat him to a trip to NZ. All he wants to do is fish for trout there so I guess he can watch me shoot while we are there. In the mean time I will keep working so the

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luchkabody

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!