What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

Candidly, it hasn't been top if my list of requests, but I would take one if offered. May sound nitpicky, but I like solid subdials better than the ones on the current steel Daytona, which are rings. The older 6263 model Daytona's were better looking in my opinion. The current tutor chronograph is based on those.

Depends on how you plan to hunt really. Lots of guys wear name brand hunting clothing and many others wear other brands and do just fine. If you're backpacking in vs day hunting that may dictate what you're willing to take into the woods.

As it was previously said, some may not understand, but watches are a big part if the fun for me too!

“All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us”

Clockwise starting at 9: my hunting watches, black dial for Africa, the polar dial for north America; my diving watches; the watches I wear traveling to adventure; my piloting watch; my boating watches.
That is perfect. I have an 16710 and was thinking of adding the 16570 for my Africa hunting. I suppose you are happy with it for your african hunts?

IMG_3495.jpeg

As it was previously said, some may not understand, but watches are a big part if the fun for me too!

“All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us”

Clockwise starting at 9: my hunting watches, black dial for Africa, the polar dial for north America; my diving watches; the watches I wear traveling to adventure; my piloting watch; my boating watches.

Out of curiosity, do you prefer the polar or black dial on the Explorer II? I'm very torn between the two. A purchase is not imminent, but it's fun to think about.

My current hunting watch is an old Swiss Army, pictured. However this is shifting significantly due to the work of our Master Enabler @BeeMaa!

Image1714348307.548291.jpg

My current hunting watch is an old Swiss Army, pictured. However this is shifting significantly due to the work of our Master Enabler @BeeMaa!

Once he's got you on to new watches, he'll move you on to Bavarian vehicles.:ROFLMAO:

Nice strap BTW.

I do not have a “go to” watch for hunting. Trips to Africa I have used my Fitbit, then my Samsung 2 watch and then my Apple Watch. I switched everything to Apple a couple of years ago. I have a lot of watches (none expensive) that I used to wear just because they look cute with my outfits. I gave most of them to my Lilly when I was moving this last time. I did keep my old timex indiglo watch that I have had for over 20 years. Still works and I used to wear that all the time.
I love this thread and all the beautiful time pieces posted! I have a thing for watches and ink pens.
One of these days I may just have to buy a gorgeous watch and then I will have one of my own to admire. :)
Tut tut old @ActionBob needs to buy you a beautiful gold cartier....with maybe diamonds if he sold a few extra cow things.....like this one :A Banana: :D Beers::E Rofl:...

Screenshot_20240429-030656_Chrome.jpg

Out of curiosity, do you prefer the polar or black dial on the Explorer II? I'm very torn between the two. A purchase is not imminent, but it's fun to think about.
The polar is more striking in my opinion.

I’m relatively new to regular watch-wearing but I’ve been inspired by this thread to start wearing this at work and hunting turkey for the last two months. I’ve really come to appreciate not having to pull my phone out every time in order to check the time or remember the date.

IMG_7951.jpeg

Once he's got you on to new watches, he'll move you on to Bavarian vehicles.:ROFLMAO:

Nice strap BTW.
I’ll make you a killer deal on a R1200GSA. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanSiebenh

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross