What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

IMG_3968.jpeg

@0002S Very nice.

Like the strap - after market or came with the Hamilton?

I've just ordered one of these - reckon that strap will be perfect.

30262001-w_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@0002S Very nice.

Like the strap - after market or came with the Hamilton?

I've just ordered one of these - reckon that strap will be perfect.

View attachment 599656

Aftermarket NDC

https://ndcstraps.com/en-us/products/original-ndc-strap

Their is also.

https://erikasoriginals.com/

This style can be found on Ali Express for less than $2.00 a strap, but they aren’t quite the same quality and will have to be cut and shortened for people under 7.25” wrists.

This design is incredible comfortable. The NDC is the NOS Marine Nationale design.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have a “go to” watch for hunting. Trips to Africa I have used my Fitbit, then my Samsung 2 watch and then my Apple Watch. I switched everything to Apple a couple of years ago. I have a lot of watches (none expensive) that I used to wear just because they look cute with my outfits. I gave most of them to my Lilly when I was moving this last time. I did keep my old timex indiglo watch that I have had for over 20 years. Still works and I used to wear that all the time.
I love this thread and all the beautiful time pieces posted! I have a thing for watches and ink pens.
One of these days I may just have to buy a gorgeous watch and then I will have one of my own to admire. :)

Chago,

I'll give you the less bou·jee answer.
I like to run and work out extensively and as much as id like a Rolex and Richard Millie I also like to hunt to much to spend a safari for my wrist. So rock the Garmin fēnix® 7X – Sapphire.
It tracks all the metrics I like to look at for the day like steps, calories, so on so forth. I use to be a sunnto man my self and just picked this Garmin up last July and sadly I haven’t taken it to Africa yet but it will see plenty of that continent here in the futures. Its been my favorite athletic watch I’ve owned to date.

I actually had that before my suunto and quickly returned it. I had horrible accuracy with mine. Apparently it was a issue for a while then I have heard the newer ones are far more accurate. I would literally climb like 400m apparently going up my staircase. And I was regularly having heart attacks while sitting on the couch lol. I ended up getting myself a proper Garmin GPS unit that has the built in inreach. I love it, used in Africa and BC mountains in Canada. Its nice to have a real GPS with full downloadable maps etc. When it comes to safety it is nice to have that, rather than breadcrumb view on a tiny screen. And the inreach feature allows me to text home when I am in areas without cell signal. Just to check in every night with the family.

So I know I showed everyone my PO when this thread started a few years back. But I did make a purchase I believe 2 years ago that I now have been wearing as my hunting and ranch watch. It's the Hamilton khaki x wind. I felt a little less guilty wearing this over my PO in mountains scratching it on literally everything lol.

1000010810.jpg

I got it in camo of course. You know. So the animals don't see me obviously. But this watch has taken a beating. And has been holding up great. The dark leather strap has really discoloured now which I love. The stain I used to get the strap colour right is a blend of mud, cow manure, sweat, blood, dish soap and the occasional spilled beer.

Not a bad purchase for those of you looking for a lesser expensive watch that still is a Swiss automatic movement. I'm pretty sure I paid about $1500CAD up here in the people's republic of Canada. Which means those of you using actual valuable currency like USD and EUR it's likely sub 1000.

Turkey blind this past weekend...
1713207594971.png

Some interesting choices here...

I was only familiar with 5 or 6 of these channels prior to this. Rolex, Tudor, Seiko, DOXA & Omega were all well represented. I was surprised by the several people who chose a quartz movement.

Some interesting choices here...

I was only familiar with 5 or 6 of these channels prior to this. Rolex, Tudor, Seiko, DOXA & Omega were all well represented. I was surprised by the several people who chose a quartz movement.

Thanks @BeeMaa - I hadn't seen this vid of TB's. Some interesting choices (of guests and watches).

Great to see two Vertex's, as one of the DIrty Dozen, make the list. I think JLC and Omega were the other DD makers represented.

We should do an AH 'what watch did you wear most' at the end of each year. :unsure:

Last edited:
I buy a cheap watch for 5-10 euros in the supermarket before travelling and then give it to a tracker as a additional gift.
I learnt that they last for years.
Do the same with my shoes.
I wear outdoor boots in the bush for 30 euros, which I then leave in camp.
For 14 days of hunting they are wonderful for me and the boys are very happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JameShiple

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!