What Line Of Work Are You In

@Angelo_orygun what thermal optic company? My career has been thermal optics/photonics. The Sig Echo thermal sight was my patent.

Awesome!

I am at iRayUSA.

Started my career with FLIR in 06, was there for 12 years, then went to the daylight side of things for a few years. Came back to the thermal side this year.

I can’t complain. I’m one of two mule packers for Grand Teton National Park. If you have been to Grand Teton; you have likely seen my office.
38125774-E501-4197-AD0F-2C2137E4CF92.jpeg
AD03622D-9415-4275-8DEB-B9036AC173E1.jpeg
672E545E-4B08-4BB3-ABB4-4F68364EF8D3.jpeg
D59339E5-ACC7-4DB6-9A74-07FDBB404C29.jpeg
162EF835-43BE-4D94-8BBF-0D0EE5119537.jpeg

I just reread most of this thread and am amazed at the number of retired folks who are still working at something. I'm as busy or busier now than when I was working fulltime. Not at the steady job but with all the little things that I now have time for and can do when I feel like it.

Let's see: Hunting, shooting, reloading, bowling, welding, woodworking, everything in construction, hiking, and and and on and on.

Minerals processing engineer, got the degree at Wits University, the professional license through MIMM London. Co-own a business that designs, manufactures and installs processing plants. It is interesting work, mentally stimulating, but I have had enough now and want my kids to buy me out. They want a loan to afford to!

Just saw this Kevin, RSM boy myself. Recently switched back to the minerals side of things from oil and gas - current work is consulting on Li - Ion battery cell supply chain.

Scrummy

I retired from the military (USAFR) with 34 years, 8 months, and 28 days. Still working at the base I retired from as a civilian. Will turn 60 next year, and after my trip to Africa, I’m planning on pulling the plug and retire completely. I’m planning on doing volunteer work at the base Air Museum and VA hospitals. Plus hunting, fishing, & a bit of site seeing this beautiful country.

I lead a team of extremely talented software engineers in the design and implementation of software to command and control commercial and US government satellites.
I'm now retired with Friday 4/29/2016 as my last day at work. 4/30 is my birthday and I was officially unemployed 4/30/2016 for the first time in 40 years!

I remember waking up the following Monday morning, with nowhere to go and nowhere to be wondering just what the **** have I done? I'm over that now and very happy to be living the retired life.

Sorry if I’ve asked before, but what town @Petey J ? I’m in Pittsfield, about one hour from Springfield.
I've hunted many times on the Griggsville /Pittsfield line. Big bucks there.

Last edited:
Awesome!

I am at iRayUSA.

Started my career with FLIR in 06, was there for 12 years, then went to the daylight side of things for a few years. Came back to the thermal side this year.
If you're the Angelo I know, you'll remember me from OP back in the day. Trevor from Steve's team.

After high school I spent 3 years in the Army as MP. Then I was a firefighter/paramedic for 35 years retiring as a Battalion Chief on the Cleveland Fire Department. I worked many side jobs over the years and still work as a caregiver for special needs adults.

Just saw this Kevin, RSM boy myself. Recently switched back to the minerals side of things from oil and gas - current work is consulting on Li - Ion battery cell supply chain.

Scrummy
RSM Alum here as well. O&G Geologist, Cereal grain farmer and rancher. Looking for a new gig in O&G, minerals, or environmental after a 10 year stint at the Big Australian.

T

Scrummy
That is interesting Scrummy, you should be very busy with that line. All the best, Kevin.

Emergency med doctor in a private hospital in rural Zululand to pay the bills.

PH for 3-5 weeks in the winter to do what I love.

Now just venturing into cattle farming- hopefully the risk pays off

I've hunted many times on the Griggsville /Pittsfield line. Big bucks there.
They don't call it "The Golden Triangle" because of the spikes and buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LottieStok

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.