What is the TRUE cost of my African Hunting Safari!

Kudu, gemsbok, blue wildebeest, red hartebeest, zebra, impala, blesbok, maybe a Nyala or either bushbuck. Depends on how it shakes out. Staying pretty open. I am sure what I don’t get will be reason to go back. Maybe a nice package will come along but I do have one I favor right now but I got 2 years to make a decision on whom to go with.

Kudu, gemsbok, blue wildebeest, red hartebeest, zebra, impala, blesbok, maybe a Nyala or either bushbuck. Depends on how it shakes out. Staying pretty open. I am sure what I don’t get will be reason to go back.
Yep shouldn't be a problem

Kudu, gemsbok, blue wildebeest, red hartebeest, zebra, impala, blesbok, maybe a Nyala or either bushbuck. Depends on how it shakes out. Staying pretty open. I am sure what I don’t get will be reason to go back. Maybe a nice package will come along but I do have one I favor right now but I got 2 years to make a decision on whom to go with.

I agree with Bob. It shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I would disagree with is if you're going for 10 days, take a day off and go visit a park or reserve or some other excursion. It's worth it, enjoy some culture along with the hunting, and the other thing is bring back lots of gifts, souvenirs, ect. They'll make you remember the trip and want to go back......not that you'll need it, once you get the disease, Africa that is, it spreads pretty rapidly and takes hold of your mind and you'll spend most every free moment scheming to get back. Ask anyone on this forum.....then you'll start attempting to infect others around you!!!!! It's a wonderful thing!

I agree with Bob. It shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I would disagree with is if you're going for 10 days, take a day off and go visit a park or reserve or some other excursion. It's worth it, enjoy some culture along with the hunting, and the other thing is bring back lots of gifts, souvenirs, ect. They'll make you remember the trip and want to go back......not that you'll need it, once you get the disease, Africa that is, it spreads pretty rapidly and takes hold of your mind and you'll spend most every free moment scheming to get back. Ask anyone on this forum.....then you'll start attempting to infect others around you!!!!! It's a wonderful thing!
I agree 101% I went the first time for my ONCE in a life time hunt yeah right got infected and been back there 8 more times. and trying to plan a trip to see Spike and Jaco next year got to get that tiny ten finished.

Yep you should be just fine, unless your like me and BUST the budget every time!

I just got done tallying up my last safari in August. All in just about 30k.. Animals include Cape buffalo, black wildbeest, vallie, bush buck and waterbuck. This included everything, flights, trophy fees, day fees, dip/pack and forth coming taxidermy/shipping. Oh...just remembered add $1500 for filming.

I just got done tallying up my last safari in August. All in just about 30k.. Animals include Cape buffalo, black wildbeest, vallie, bush buck and waterbuck. This included everything, flights, trophy fees, day fees, dip/pack and forth coming taxidermy/shipping. Oh...just remembered add $1500 for filming.
Johnny, how many days did you hunt ? How long was the trip?

Africa hunting safaris are a business and "business is business". Would you let a realtor or a car dealer know how much you have to spend? If you are confident in a outfitter or concession, the by all means let them give you what you tell them you can afford. You can still negotiate anyway. The flight and cost of hunt package are only the tip of the iceberg. For a four or five trophy package plan on spending the same on dip and pack, shipping and shoulder mount taxidermy. Good photos can save you a ton of money. You'll always have a vivid memory that will last a lifetime. European mounts is another great way to save money. Put the euro mount on the wall and hang the photo just below it. Beware! Hunting in Africa is like a narcotic and you'll find a way to get your next fix.

A few add one to the above...
Countries differ in their taxes, rifle imports, ammo tax( Zambia for example)
Mozambique has horrendous govt tax add ons...
Game Ranger day fees( for the days he actually spends with you in the hunt) Here I always budget for the full Safari days booked...if the ranger uses less days due to the animal being hunted earlier then it's a bonus for you!!
Watch out for tipping....it can get expensive if you don't plan more or less BEFORE the hunt. Take the correct amount of smaller denomination notes.

Regarding drinks in camp and moderation.. I believe this is just a caveat to cover the outfitters should things get out of hand..in all my years I have not yet heard of anybody being charged for drinks etc unless otherwise stated.

I have got a questions that hasn’t been answered by this thread?

I see some outfits that include the VAT in the daily fees and others who have it as excluded from the daily fee. What is the industry standard?

Also when I see packages or deals that say “all inclusive”, does that include daily rate or just the trophy fees?

How much is the standard cost of ammunition as part of rifle rental? I know this will vary good greatly.

Packages include day fees , trophy fees , and VAT. Ala-cart varies on the vat being include. Wounded animals and those not exported are charged VAT. That is the general rule, but every now and then I see charges that surprise me, but their can be charges for pickup and drop off depending on the outfitter. Weapon rental seems to be about $30 a day but some as high as $50 some places don't charge for gun rental only ammo costs.

What the hell is the wrong with all of you. You know if any of our wives Google search "how much does a African safari cost" it will bring them right here.

My Safari only cost me $599 plus tax. I don't know what the hell all these guys are talking about. Taxidermy was included..... And shipping.....

What the hell is the wrong with all of you. You know if any of our wives Google search "how much does a African safari cost" it will bring them right here.

My Safari only cost me $599 plus tax. I don't know what the hell all these guys are talking about. Taxidermy was included..... And shipping.....

Now that's a deal!

Good luck selling that one! Lol

Good luck selling that one! Lol
Lol

My original package was $4500. And I'm still convinced it only costs that to go to Africa. Nevermind the fact that I paid for flights, tips, taxidermy, shipping, tripled the number of animals on my list. Those are all soft costs. The trip was only $4500 lol.

Believe me I know! Somehow I have to hide my latest Taxidermy bill!

The look on my face when my wife asks me “Just how much was your Rhino Hunt last year...”
IMG_0656.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg