What is the TRUE cost of my African Hunting Safari!

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by JacoS, Feb 8, 2012.

1. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
    Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 11.03.33.png

2. Chago

Chago AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Lol. I came home with a Gucci bag for her when I broke the news that I had already booked my flights to Limpopo. I better add that to the Africa hunting trip total. Married 12 years now. The "it's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission" ideology has served me well thus far.

jeff likes this.

3. LivingTheDream

LivingTheDream AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Yeah I just pay a wife tax, figure 10% and she is excited I am going hunting. Louie Vuitton is also happy.

jeff and Chago like this.

4. YancyW

YancyW GOLD SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
    My wife knew I had expensive habits when we met, she just didn't realize my addictive personality would cause most of them to have a rather steep trajectory on what I spend.

There is also a reason I pay most of my outfitters in cash :E Big Grin::S Dollar:

GL1960 likes this.

5. Newboomer

Newboomer GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
    Hunted:
    RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
    Red Leg,
    I know just what you mean by no more room for trophies. I am there after building an addition onto my house. I do have space for a few more but I have harvested about all the animals on my bucket list. I'm considering cull hunts now. That fills my love of hunting and Africa and I don't have to sweat a lot of extra expense. I have the fun and pix, the meat helps feed the people, I get to enjoy the camaraderie and a cull hunt can be as thrilling as a trophy hunt. Of course, if I happen to see something I can't live without I do have a little space left.

jeff, Beretta391 and Red Leg like this.

6. Newboomer

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Amen in spades!

7. Newboomer

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    When I contacted SSI for my first hunt I asked Robert about how much the total cost might be and he said it would be about three times the cost of the package. Over the years I've found that to be a fairly close estimate.

Pheroze likes this.

8. fourfive8

fourfive8 AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
    Yes, same boat here. Enough is enough and really compared to some I don't have all that many shoulder mounts- mostly skull mounts. But still I may hunt some more just for hunting. My last trip, I did not shoot nor ship out a single trophy so by far my least expensive safari. Paid PG daily rate for meat hunting for staff and got to do some extreme tracking--- miles and miles for eland, wildebeest and zebra. Of course the same great memories around the evening camp fire and absolutely excellent gourmet cooking that always amazes me out in the bush. Got to do a lot of meat shooting, some great photo and game viewing and fishing all at flat PG daily rate. It was interesting to see how fast that meat went to all corners. The day after we brought in the first 3 impala I saw impala biltong strung around staff/family huts all over about a 15 mile by 15 mile swath of the property.

Mark A Ouellette likes this.