What Happened to the 27 Nosler

I didn’t say i use them. I do have 2 2506s and a 280i. Thanks for not leaving me out in the cold, i need all the help I can get.
@Flewis
Frank I wouldn't event admitt to owning them, not that I ever will.
I would prefer to walk barefoot over hot coals and broken glass than have either.
The 25-06 loaded with a 100gn TTSX at 3,400fps shoots flat and kills shit. So does the 100gn speer spbt, nosler balistic tip and 11

@hunting Gold
Why for you get angry for what I said about the 270. My 25 does as much as it.
Give me a nice 280 or 280AI over a 270 any day. I used a 270 for a while and it left me very under whelmed. Yes it killed game and was very accurate, 0.3 inch 100yard groups with 110gn VMAX and 1.2 inch 200 yard groups with 130gr ACPs at 3,140fps. Just didn't enthuse me so it became a super accurate 35 Whelen. If you need a very good Savage 110 barrel in 270 give me a yell and it's yours for the postage.
Bob
Oh Bob, I've killed a number of deer and pronghorn and one pig with my .270 WINCHESTER. 130gr. Sierra BTSP on the pig and 150gr. Nosler Partitions on the others. Killed 'em just as dead as your .25RSE or 6.5 Samurai. Shot placement! LOL

Oh Bob, I've killed a number of deer and pronghorn and one pig with my .270 WINCHESTER. 130gr. Sierra BTSP on the pig and 150gr. Nosler Partitions on the others. Killed 'em just as dead as your .25RSE or 6.5 Samurai. Shot placement! LOL
@CoElkHunter
Yes it is to do with shot placement mate. I've killed a heap of deer with the 25 and a truck load of pigs with a 25 and it has never failed me. Yes I've stuffed up but the 25 just seems to work. The 270 just doesn't float my boat it actually sinks it. The 270 is fine just not for me
Bob

@Flewis
Frank owning a 243 and a need more manbun I will hep you out for as long as you need. Anyone that owns either one let alone both needs all the help they can get.

Firstly I can recommend a good psychologist to work thru the reasons you think those 2 are actually hunting cartridges.

This will be followed by masses of pictures of game wounded by these 2 calibes.

Finally a re education program educating you the benefits of a fast 25 and other useful cartridges even the 280AI, 30-06 and bigger.
Note I left out the 270 as a fast 25 will do all it does.
Bob
I’m sorry, I won’t do it again. When it floods my neighbors horse pasture my wife uses on the visiting mice, of course we still have trap the big ones

@hunting Gold
Why for you get angry for what I said about the 270. My 25 does as much as it.
Give me a nice 280 or 280AI over a 270 any day. I used a 270 for a while and it left me very under whelmed. Yes it killed game and was very accurate, 0.3 inch 100yard groups with 110gn VMAX and 1.2 inch 200 yard groups with 130gr ACPs at 3,140fps. Just didn't enthuse me so it became a super accurate 35 Whelen. If you need a very good Savage 110 barrel in 270 give me a yell and it's yours for the postage.
Bob
Oh Bob... my angry response was in good fun. I've had the .270 Win now for over 40 years and have killed shit tons of deer and elk with it along with one bull moose. It's the gun that I grab if something needs to die. We (me and the gun I call Emmy Lou) just have this wonderful relationship. She knows that if she goes on a trip that there is work to be done.

The current constraints on cartridges are action length and bolt face diameter.

Winchesters own engineering team admitted that the 6.8 Western lost a lot of what it could have been if they had been able to lengthen it slightly. It just wouldn’t fit in a 30-06 magazine box if you used heavy high BC bullets…but also seated them long, so as to leave room in the case for powder and still have a full length (read volume) case. They had to bump the shoulder back to accommodate the bullets. So, it’s not much of a velocity advantage…just slightly heavier bullets.

The rifle company that decides to sell an intermediate action that’s longer than the 30-06, and with a bigger bolt face…will make huge money.

Oh Bob... my angry response was in good fun. I've had the .270 Win now for over 40 years and have killed shit tons of deer and elk with it along with one bull moose. It's the gun that I grab if something needs to die. We (me and the gun I call Emmy Lou) just have this wonderful relationship. She knows that if she goes on a trip that there is work to be done.
@hunting Gold
I open the gunsafe and the Whelen and 25 are jumping up and down saying pick me,pick me. So I take both and know neither will let me down if I do my part.
Big, small or inbetwixt I have the perfect tool for the job..
Ah the joy of simplicity.
Bob

Part of me loves new guns and calibers. The other part of me thinks the 30-06 was good enough to save the world from the nazis but now it's not good enough to hunt elk with anymore? TF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarshaBott

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.