What else is in your trophy room?

I display a collection of Maasai Lion Spears, and Shields, as well as various Cartridge Boards. I also collect Sporting Art including recent additions (SCI in Nashville) by Grant Hacking and Linda Besse. Looking for a good 3-D map of Africa - not a laser print.
Im also looking for a 3D map, preferably wall size.

This is a glass top coffee table my father built filled with arrowheads and other Native American artifacts that he and my grandfather collected. My grandfather claimed he spent more time looking for arrowheads than he did in school.

25830B02-0650-4674-AF96-708FEC5C86CB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Extraordinary collection - what part of the country?
We have at leas one case from every state but the vast majority are from the mid Atlantic and Virginia, my grandfather would trade points he would find with collectors from other states but quit in the late 60’s when he thought modern knappers were making points to sell. He would also do a little traveling to collect.

Attachments

• B2CE9DE8-1FEC-41D6-A47D-9E28C3EC71DC.jpeg
    B2CE9DE8-1FEC-41D6-A47D-9E28C3EC71DC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 77
We have at leas one case from every state but the vast majority are from the mid Atlantic and Virginia, my grandfather would trade points he would find with collectors from other states but quit in the late 60’s when he thought modern knappers were making points to sell. He would also do a little traveling to collect.
Too cool!!! Thanks for sharing. While hunting in Wyoming, we would stumble upon piles of scattered flint shards where apparently tools or arrowheads were once made long ago. My outfitter’s truck had many found artifacts filling the beverage holders!!!

I display a collection of Maasai Lion Spears, and Shields, as well as various Cartridge Boards. I also collect Sporting Art including recent additions (SCI in Nashville) by Grant Hacking and Linda Besse. Looking for a good 3-D map of Africa - not a laser print.
I am hunting a trophy bull elephant in April. I will be having a map of Africa placed on one of his ears for my trophy room

Here is a few more pictures of our artifacts collection
Wow. Just wow. Beautiful collection of Native American artifacts. Again, just wow. Better than many museums I have visited over the years. Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Wow. Just wow. Beautiful collection of Native American artifacts. Again, just wow. Better than many museums I have visited over the years. Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.
Thanks very much, at one time they numbered around 11,000 when my grandfather died we donated some to both my mothers and fathers alma maters, James Madison university and Bridgwater college, some also went to the library in waynesboro Virginia and a few stayed in my fathers family home in waynesboro which is now a museum and on the register of national historic places. Not sure of how many we have now.

Here is a few more pictures of our artifacts collection
Any sharks teeth? Found these in Florida. Filled up a lamp with 1000s of small ones. Only some broken arrowheads here from private land. Plus some ice age mammals.

Attachments

• IMG_3900.jpeg
    IMG_3900.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3901.jpeg
    IMG_3901.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3899.jpeg
    IMG_3899.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
Any sharks teeth? Found these in Florida. Filled up a lamp with 1000s of small ones. Only some broken arrowheads here from private land. Plus some ice age mammals.
A few sharks teeth, they are in one of the white cases on a shelf. They were found in a creek bed that flows int the Shanendoah river. Not the quality of the ones in your picture though.

My wifes late father has had these for 40 years and we have inherited them as of this year.
Truly sorry that this was the year they were inherited. They are lovely. I assume these are laying on a surface rather than hanging? I believe the one on the right is 180 out. Where were they carved?

Truly sorry that this was the year they were inherited. They are lovely. I assume these are laying on a surface rather than hanging? I believe the one on the right is 180 out. Where were they carved?
Thank you for the kind words, as always in hard situations Covid had to be in the way of going to say a last goodbye.

We only received them this year from europe and will try find a place to hang them in the house. My trophy room is not that great ( 5 red stags ) and all other photos on here put it to shame.

They were carved in Mostar, Bosnia. The plates are made out of copper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EulaliaRus

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.