watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
watermark.php

This was our booth at the Dallas Safari Club convention. Guys remember the lion when you see us at a show! ;-)

Best regards,

Attachments

• DSC_Booth2011.jpg
    DSC_Booth2011.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 151
Guys remember the lion when you see us at a show!

Jacques, A booth with one bold and memorable element that stands out is I think a very important aspect to any well though out booth as it draws the eye and capture the interest to potential consumers. It certainly has more impact than an over crowded booth full of stuff... Your booth looks inviting, nicely done.

It is far from easy to create an effective booth!

Most of the time i am behind the table in the booth, i like my booth to be open, clean and neat inside. i always invite some past clients they did sell me more hunts in the past i think i did myself. Enough chairs and a TV i have seen over the years people like to take a quick look at the shots on some animals. This always start a conversation and you will always get reaction have seen that many times over the years. My pictures and brochure's on the table, with a map of the area i hunt or the country, then i like big impressive pictures on my backboard . I will never eat in my booth maybe take i soft drink but that is it.
But the most important to me is never to judge a book by it's cover, any person talking to you or standing in front of you can be your next hunter sitting next to you and a fire in Africa. Worked for me for 18 years.

Jerome thank you for the kind words on the booth and it was really not easy to get something different as there is so many inviting and good looking booths out there.

I already had some changes made to the setup and will post them shortly as you need to sit down with potential clientsto have a more relaxing conversation as Johan said. Oh and that darn table cloth needed to be changed! lol

Thank you guys and best regards,

Jacques

Thanks Jerome for posting all the booth pictures! I saw some familiar faces in the background...Thanks again!

Thanks for all the pics !!

Interesting to see all the pix as I recognized quite few faces. Jerome did get my pic but only the back of my head.

As previously stated having adequate seating is important. If there is no place to sit possible clients are apt to just move on. Also I could not agree more that you can't ignore anyone. Just asking "Can I answer any questions for you" often can lead to a booking. I like to make as many specific appointments as I can before the show and clients like it too because it gives them a goal for the show.

I agree that a few bold elements matter more than a lot of smaller elements. I also like the one where the person has a very nice wooden cabinet and a few overstuffed leather chairs. There's a few reasons for this. First, it is a pain in the butt to do it, but he did it anyway. That shows that he is the kind of person that makes the extra effort. I also think if a person can get that stuff to the show, he can get me and my gear to where the animals are: it shows he has a mastery of logistics.

I also think that creating a vignette is important. The clothier who had the tent, the people who had the wooden cabinets and the sofas. A show is a big, chaotic environment. A little oasis that seems like a living room, or a nice old gunshop, or a dinner tent from the days of old safari, that is a place where I want to be. I want my vacation to be my vacation. I want to go somewhere and be away from all the chaos and hassles that are daily life. If your booth is a relaxing place to be for a little while during the show, I think maybe I'd like to visit your operation.

I also like a person who knows who he is and what he does, and won't pretend to be someone else just to make a sale. For example, I recently decided I needed a rifle made for me. I contacted various gunsmiths. Not all were prompt in returning the email. One was, but he told me that he wouldn't make what I was asking for and took the time to explain why. I decided to hire him and change what I wanted because I knew he was a man of integrity and honor. So, don't be afraid to tell someone that you aren't the man for the job, he might just change what he wants just to be able to work with you.

I've only been to a few shows here in the midwestern US, but the booths that held my attention more than any other were the ones manned by a person who greeted me when I walked up and asked if I had any questions about anything that I saw. Booked a fishing trip to Ontario for me and my dad that way and it turned out to be a great experience, and all because the people at the booth spoke to me when I walked up.

Some very good suggestions have been made. As a customer, I look for open friendly folks that answer questions and ask questions of you. The booth that has information available and displayed goes a long way. And as always, an attractive female that knows the business really helps ;) and no, it does not have to be a blonde. A follow up phone call goes a long long way!

Frank

Surely one of the best compositions of what to have, not to have and to concentrate on when planning to host a stall at a Hunting Show / Extravaganza.

Thank you to all who made their contributions. My head is brainstorming like hell right now...

biggest thing i have noticed and what stands out more to me is the friendly welcoming people, i have walked up to many stands just to wait or feel like i am imposing on them.
While most of the pictures show some great stands, some show exactly what i am talking about, i know the shows are sometimes boring, done many of them myself, but i have never resorted to reading a book/magazine

biggest thing i have noticed and what stands out more to me is the friendly welcoming people, i have walked up to many stands just to wait or feel like i am imposing on them.
While most of the pictures show some great stands, some show exactly what i am talking about, i know the shows are sometimes boring, done many of them myself, but i have never resorted to reading a book/magazine

I am sure that SMILES attracts people. Surely being a stand holder, you are the one wanting something (selling your product) from the guests that passes your stall and not necessarily them wanting something from you. Further I am convinced that the stall owner should at all times be the one on his feet, not reading books/magazines (you can do that back at home as well) and rather try to make eye contact, hand out water, biltong and dry wors and entertain potential guests or friends. Be EXTRAORDINARY!

1) I can't believe that I missed the Patrick Mavros booth ... scroll up and you will see why!!!!

Pictures of Booths from the Safari Club Convention

watermark.php
Sadly Patrick Mavros is no longer exhibiting at the SCI convention… I think that 2011 was the last year for him at SCI. From gossip that I heard, it is due to a rift between him and SCI. An exhibitor on the show floor was selling copies of his work or items very similar to his and after going to SCI complaining, they did nothing about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg