steve white

AH legend
Reaction score
Articles
Member of
dallas safari club, mannlicher collectors assoc., era
Hunted
Cape buffalo, plains game
Well, I don't always have the best sales resistance, and some things just call to me to take them home...this time it was an Arno Bernard Wildebeast knife with warthog grips. Probably the fanciest knife I own now. Can't wait to run it through its paces.
Anything overcome your sales resistance?

Arno makes a beautiful knife…

We only bought a couple of vests in the DSC store after they went on sale this afternoon… and we managed to land a great deal on an auction hunt in New Zealand… those were the only purchases made…

I’ve never been one for “finery” when it comes to rifles… I absolutely understand guys that fall in love with beautiful walnut and ornate deep blue/black steel… I tend to lust after rigbys and resign myself to more pedestrian Mauser actioned rifles or winchesters or rugers, etc…

But after spending some time with Bailey Bradshaw at our Bos en Dal party Thursday night.. and then some more time with him this afternoon… I’m seriously thinking about taking the plunge on one of his single shots… they are the epitome of elegance and beauty in a firearm I think… and while certainly not cheap, they are incredibly well priced for the quality of the craftsmanship and the beauty of the final product…

His prototype rifle with the twist action that he had on the table would be incredible in something like 7x57R… or his rising bite single shot is a super nice option as well…

We only bought a couple of vests in the DSC store after they went on sale this afternoon… and we managed to land a great deal on an auction hunt in New Zealand… those were the only purchases made…

I’ve never been one for “finery” when it comes to rifles… I absolutely understand guys that fall in love with beautiful walnut and ornate deep blue/black steel… I tend to lust after rigbys and resign myself to more pedestrian Mauser actioned rifles or winchesters or rugers, etc…

But after spending some time with Bailey Bradshaw at our Bos en Dal party Thursday night.. and then some more time with him this afternoon… I’m seriously thinking about taking the plunge on one of his single shots… they are the epitome of elegance and beauty in a firearm I think… and while certainly not cheap, they are incredibly well priced for the quality of the craftsmanship and the beauty of the final product…

His prototype rifle with the twist action that he had on the table would be incredible in something like 7x57R… or his rising bite single shot is a super nice option as well…

I am amazed at Baily's engraving, and wood carving as well. His woodcarving is right up there with things I saw in Ferlach, Austria.

I couldn't resist Swarovski 10x32 Range Finder binos and Z8i 1-8x24 leftover with a 30mm tube. They are now only making it in a 34mm tube.

Several boxes of A-Frame bullets plus some North Forks.

No deposits paid but spent some time looking at fishing trips and Safaris to Uganda as well as Cameroon, Zimbabwe, and Tanzania ;)

Well, I don't always have the best sales resistance, and some things just call to me to take them home...this time it was an Arno Bernard Wildebeast knife with warthog grips. Probably the fanciest knife I own now. Can't wait to run it through its paces.
Anything overcome your sales resistance?

Please post a picture!

Bradshaw certainly has a unique mind when it comes to rifle design. His twist action magazine rifle is something I would like to spend some time with at the range, when he gets it completed. Plus he is a good guy.

IMG_1238.jpeg

The Heym Martini Express rifle has me tempted to sell off one of my doubles...
It was bolt action excellence!

In my shoulder I rapidly worked the bolt with palm on my hand never touching the fake scope. Oh my gosh! A .416 Heym Martini Express could be all the rifle a man or woman ever needs!

This a hand engraved Blazer R8

IMG_20240113_103620732.jpg
IMG_20240113_103630183~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Let's not forget that Bailey Bradshaw is also an Africa Hunting member.
He is also a US Navy veteran who served as a Fire Control (FC rating) technician. Military fire control is the control of the fire of weapons. Aboard ship, fire control is very complex as the ship may likely be pitching and listing as the Combat Information Center (CIC) needs rounds on target. Only those with a high degree of electronics, mechanical, and spatial orientation (3-dimensional ) skills are selected for fire control.

So why do I bring up Bailey's fire control background? Why indeed, because multi-skilled Bailey builds his rifles from scratch. His broad skillset affords him the ability to build the entire gun, lock, stock and barrel! He doesn't outsource anything. Now that's gunsmithing!

Bradshaw Single Shot1.jpg
IMG_20240113_104156087.jpg

I am so close to booking a Safari to Mozambique for 2025 for Lion, Hippo, Croc and a few plains game. I am in the process of negotiating the price and him getting back with me.

Another Bailey Bradshaw work of art, his double falling block rifle displayed by AH member @Green Chile

2023 DSC Brad_Chile-1.jpg
GreenC Falling Block Double.jpg

7x65R also one to consider in one of his rifles .

I almost gutted my bank account when he told me the price of that rifle…

WAY less than a mid grade Teutonic double…

And the Bradshaw gun is fully engraved, has upgraded wood, etc

Ever since my grade school days of tagging along with my dad to the gun shows, I've had a hankering for a Mannlicher-Schonauer (sp?), and the Champlin table had a nice all original 1957 specimen in 30-06 with the full length stock. I don't know if $1900 is a good price on one, but i was pretty tempted. That being said, I guess my desire has waned a bit over the years, because I ultimately decided I'd rather use the funds towards something else.

because I ultimately decided I'd rather use the funds towards something else.

You bought me a new swaro optic instead? How nice! Thank you!

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarriDadso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.