what caliber is to small

As long as the gun feeds flawlessly and shoots well...it's probably a winner. If not there are gunsmiths that can fix problems.

eastern bass strait i operate a board trawler out of lakes entrance in victoria

just picked up my new firearm after all the 375 HH talk i ordered one a while back and the i thought the paperwork had been lost but turned out my oldest son has been driving around with it in his console for nearly three weeks ....
but this morning i took the application to aqiure to the bank paid my dues and straight to the gunsmith to collect it and some ammo to play with on the way home
well the recoil wasnt that bad at all you certainly know it s there but more than managable
it is pretty loud but
with the vxiii 1.5-5 x20 scope on top
i pulled up in the bush and set up some cans at around 60 metres and hit the first one straight away just to get the feel of it and ended up letting loose 9 shots and by the end of it my ears were ringing but the shoulder was fine
cant wait to have a crack at a samba with it
its a remmington model 700 sps dg
its pretty light which i first thought would make it boot but was impressed how little it was considering all me mates reckoned it was gunna kick like a mule .
while im away next month im going to send it away and get a muzzle brake put on it and the barrel floated and of course the trigger lightened ,i ussually get the trigger set at 3lbs do you think that would suit a cannon like this or should i leave it a little heavier .
what is norm ,does any one have an example ?
thanks in advance

congrats on getting your new toy .the only thing i was wondering is if you dont find the recoil bad why get a muzzle brake put on? that is def going to make yours and everyones ears more than ring!!

gday spiket i know excactly what you mean about the muzzle brake upping the volume but since ive put muzzle brakes put on my 3006 ,300 win mag and 300rum ive found on the long shots im shooting more accurately so im inclined to just go for it . i think it might be a physcilogical thing maybe .
this weekend i managed to take the longest shot ive ever taken on a young goat i smacked at 1300+metres hit on top of the shoulder but the front half was ruined . me young bloke was pretty impressed i dont mind telling ya .the truth is that it was more ass than a paddock full of poofters. i wish we had of filmed it but .
do you have a 375 hh and if so can you tell me what lbs is the trigger set at ???
i rekon this one would be at 6lbs at a guess

never a video around at the right time!! i dont have a .375, kind of jump from the 9.3s to .416rig, .458 lott and .470. its good when you pull off a guesstimate shot in front of your offspring!! :cool:

Trigger pull should be set wherever you are used to and are comfortable with (within reson). 3lb should be fine especially since you sait it was a light rifle. There are fewer things more inaccurate than a 6lb gun with a 6 1/2lb trigger.

3 pounds is plenty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you