What Bullets and Gun to shoot Tiny Ten with?

For the 300wm. My choice for everything africa is the Hornady outfitter ammo, 180gr gmx. Has plenty of penetration for larger animals, but has controlled expansion for the little guys on the list.
I have also used Winchester deer season xp, 150gr extreme point. This ammo creates a huge wound channel that helps if hunting in an area that you dont want the prey to run far.
But im getting into reloading, so hopefully soon I can make better choices myself !

I have a 300 wm that has 150 fmj sighted in like my big hunting loads. It can take some time to work that load up to match but it is convenient.
I also love shooting small game with my 22 hornet. I took a nice duiker at 172 yards in the Karoo with it. It performed beautifully. Side note...it's a great monkey gun out to 200 yards.

I've been working on this myself. I'm planning on taking my Blaser D99 in 6.5x55/22 hornet/20ga combo for stuff smaller than kudu/zebra/eland.

Specifically for tiny ten and other random targets of opportunity (jackal, monkey etc) I've settled on the 22 hornet using Speer 55gr varmint sp (4711) with Hodgdon Lil'gun powder. See my posts over in the 'bullet performance database' thread. Basically this bullet holds together without fragmenting and expands perfectly on impacts from 10' from the muzzle all the way out to about 200 yards at hornet (2650 fps) velocity. It acts like a big game bullet. When zeroed at 150 yards the POI is +/- 1" or less from 25yd to 175yd. This is at near sea level density altitude; will be further in thinner air. Get too far below 2000 fps impact velocity and it won't expand though. In my gun I could even push it into the 2700s but I'm cheap and want long case life!

I've been working on this myself. I'm planning on taking my Blaser D99 in 6.5x55/22 hornet/20ga combo for stuff smaller than kudu/zebra/eland.

Specifically for tiny ten and other random targets of opportunity (jackal, monkey etc) I've settled on the 22 hornet using Speer 55gr varmint sp (4711) with Hodgdon Lil'gun powder. See my posts over in the 'bullet performance database' thread. Basically this bullet holds together without fragmenting and expands perfectly on impacts from 10' from the muzzle all the way out to about 200 yards at hornet (2650 fps) velocity. It acts like a big game bullet. When zeroed at 150 yards the POI is +/- 1" or less from 25yd to 175yd. This is at near sea level density altitude; will be further in thinner air. Get too far below 2000 fps impact velocity and it won't expand though. In my gun I could even push it into the 2700s but I'm cheap and want long case life!
Absolutely ! Almost the same exact load I use in the hornet. All other powder would snap my case off until I went to little gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelinaVa

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you