Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Cold and wet spring day. Raining on and off. Actually we got wet snow in the morning. Grassy areas were turning white but it melted immediately everywhere else. Temps peaked at 4C. According to online conversion that is 39F.

Weather sites forecast that we will go below freezing, the next few mornings. Brighter skies and no significant rain, though.

Averaging 35-40 F every night with highs about 70 F every day. No wind. Partly cloudy. Perfect weather. Rivers are rolling as the snow melt accerelates.
!

Well been in joburg South at thaba eco Hotel for my sister in law wedding this weekend just gone..went well and luckily the weather up to sat night was sunny if cold...thst night rain and thunder..yesterday very windy and more thunder and rain last night ..its bloody freezing...
Photo from bedroom this morning
20230515_094256.jpg

Temp here at moment....as said freezing...
Screenshot_20230515-094952_Chrome.jpg

Fly back to lusaka this afternoon....can't wait ....just a bit warmer there.....getting cool at night though...

IMG-20230515-WA0002.jpg

Well been in joburg South at thaba eco Hotel for my sister in law wedding this weekend just gone..went well and luckily the weather up to sat night was sunny if cold...thst night rain and thunder..yesterday very windy and more thunder and rain last night ..its bloody freezing...
View attachment 533961
View attachment 533962
Fly back to lusaka this afternoon....can't wait ....just a bit warmer there.....getting cool at night though...

View attachment 533963
That’s cold! Time for some Merino wool underwear and Westley Richard’s wool shooting socks? LOL It’s only 43 here now although we’ve had 4” of rain since last Tuesday night.

I remember arriving during a cold snap my first trip to RSA and Zambia! Everyone was wrapping the palms and other tropicals to help protect them. No joke- it can get cold there. Surprised me as it probably does many coming from the Northern Hemisphere this time of year. I also remember the huge thunderstorms with intense, rapid fire lightning associated with that cold front clashing with a warm moist system coming off the Indian Ocean around Johannesburg. I later learned that area of Africa is a high density zone for sprite formation- I believe it.

View attachment 533961
View attachment 533962
Nice looking place.
View attachment 533963

Here in Harare it has been warm sunny days although today is looking to be cloudy. Hwange, which most people associate with very hot weather has the record cold day too, minus 16. For Zim that is Arctic.

Here in Harare it has been warm sunny days although today is looking to be cloudy. Hwange, which most people associate with very hot weather has the record cold day too, minus 16. For Zim that is Arctic.
minus 16 celsius=3.2F? That's "Arctic" here in our winter! What's going on there? There's no African animals that are going to survive that.

minus 16 celsius=3.2F? That's "Arctic" here in our winter! What's going on there? There's no African animals that are going to survive that.
It was a long time ago, in the Dete vlei area. Those wet areas can get really cold at night.

After a winter of incredible snow and extended low temps, the last 3 weeks have been super here. 30s at night and around 70 during the day. The rivers had just looked like they had peaked runoff flow about May 5 then more snow and rain. The melt cut though some more high country headers and the river is chocolate again the last couple of days. All local reservoirs are full and some may spill. And for the first time in several years, the backyard tulips responded- a small payoff for the cold and snow :)

tulips.jpg

Incessant rain! Over the last month and a half, it's rained here almost every day! It's AGAIN raining like hell now! Last week, we had 4" in about 5 hours. We might get that today. We haven't hit 80F degrees yet. My grass is 16" high because I haven't been able to mow it and I have a push mower. Not complaining because I know the alternative. Just FYI and mindless chatter. LOL

The cool spring has kept mountain snow
Melt slow and controlled-perfect to prevent floods. Reservoirs filling up, creeks swollen but not overfull. Can’t get to a couple spots to set up trail cameras because of lingering snow drifts and slick mud roads-we are getting similar rains as Colorado but the reality is that it has been a great spring

The cool spring has kept mountain snow
Melt slow and controlled-perfect to prevent floods. Reservoirs filling up, creeks swollen but not overfull. Can’t get to a couple spots to set up trail cameras because of lingering snow drifts and slick mud roads-we are getting similar rains as Colorado but the reality is that it has been a great spring
By the time that you get in the hills to set up your cameras it'll be time to take them down with Utah's laws on them.

Elk in the Aspens. Gotta love it!
It's funny, but I have shot all my elk in the pinon/juniper and oak brush. Never in the aspens and timber

It's funny, but I have shot all my elk in the pinon/juniper and oak brush. Never in the aspens and timber
You need to expand your hunting horizons Jim! LOL All of mine were on the edges of heavy timber or in the aspen. Usually snap shots (two on my knees) less than 50yds but one at 150yds. So much for those 600 shots with a Creedmoor. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross