Weatherby mark v

Can't see it due to my detached retinal from shooting my weatherby;)

Just kidding. My first real rifle was a MK V and I still love the rifle. As much as people joke about the Weatherby stock being too flash, I always loved it. It fits like a glove, is perfect on the bench and sticks, and is the best stock I ever used at managing recoil. Plus, that 60 deg bolt throw really does help with keeping optics mounted lower.

They are great rifles IMO, super strong, well made, and well designed for the big magnums.

Love me some Mark V’s…. As a lefty Weatherby is one of the few left that offer a wide variety for southpaws.

I’ve got the 257, 6.5-300, 300 and 416.
Have shot the entire lineup. The 460 is a beast. Believe it or not; the most intense to shoot is the 378. The most punishing recoil I’ve ever experienced from a sporting rifle.

Congrats!

Hold it tight. Push it towards you with your forearm. Just swing with the rifle. Dont try to fight it. You will be ok. I am light only 130lbs. More you weigh it gets harder to shoot. My 2cents
Totally agree.
I stumbled upon one about 10 yrs ago, left hand 460, the price was right and I had to buy it. My son is about the same, 130 pounds and he shoots it better than any of us heavy weights. A willow as opposed to an oak. Congratulations on your purchase.

I have a 460 as well, don't let any of the nay sayers bring you down. It is a great round and is extremely versatile. If you can locate one of the redding neck sizing dies they really save on your brass life. Reloader 16 is an excellent powder. You can load all the way from 458WM velocities up to the full on barn burners if you want. The 350gr speer bullets are great as well. Shoot me a PM if you need some load data.

It's a pretty good whitetail rifle too
20211113_082226.jpg
20211113_082220.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: MTA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlynFav

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.