We Will Not Be Silenced about Hunters

Not all of them are keyboard ninjas. Some of them are active animal rights people who want to force veganism on the world. The animal rights argument will always lead down a road then ends in strictly enforced veganism for all of us.

Ignoring the noise on facebook is really only one step back from ignoring unti-gun legislation brewing in legislative bodies. They need to be challenged, but in a manner that is respectful and logical. While you won't convince your opponent, that isn't the point. You are trying to convince the people reading the posts. If you want to see a great film that hits this subject right on the head, watch "Thank You For Smoking".

DSC played a new video at the Conklin Award Banquet last night that relates to this..

They made a public announcement that in 2017 the intent is to go on the offensive.. its time to start engaging the antis, its time to start using science and fact to refute the emotion and unsubstantiated opinions of those that oppose hunting.. etc..etc..

I just did a web search to try to find the video, but didnt see it anywhere.. I hope they release it for public consumption soon.. it contained a powerful message, and was well put together I thought..

short summary of the video message: quit hiding in the shadows hoping the antis will go away.. they wont.. stand up for what you believe in.. be proud to be a hunter.. never be ashamed... we've got your back.. and we're going to lead the charge in setting the record straight... we'll fund the scientific studies.. we'll disseminate the truth and the substantiated facts, etc... get ready to get it on and get some..

They had a pretty fired up group of people sitting at my table ready to walk out and join in the fight right there :)

I'm in total agreement with gizmo, mdwest and many others here. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc will not go away. They are all a part of our world, and unfortunately, will be the influence for the majority of the next generation. We need to use sharp, concise arguments to win against the "antis" because although we know the truth about how hunters save wildlife, many do not. History it seems is not something of great concern in schools anymore.

Also, how we choose to represent ourselves, as many hunters have found out on YouTube, play into the hands of the antis. Being overly celebratory when killing is not something we should show on camera. That doesn't mean we shouldn't take photos or videos, but just be selective in what is posted on the internet.

It isn't about saving wildlife to many of them. It is that the animal's life (any animals life) is equal to a human life. They believe that if you kill a deer, you should be tried for murder. Some of them are so sick in the head that they believe animals are superior to humans and that we are a disease on the planet (although they won't off themselves to reduce the disease).

The page is:
https://www.facebook.com/WeWillNotBeSilencedAboutHunters/

I would like to ask that if people from here go there, we are not belligerent or rude. If every one of us that goes on there shows more class than the people who attack us, we don't win over the anti-hunters, but we appear to be the sane and civilized ones to the onlookers and undecideds. (If only Donald Trump could learn this. A simple Twitter reply to "@Meryl Streep - congratulations on the award for a career of fine work." would have taken the wind out of her sails and shown him the be the better person).

And the moderator/owner of the site, although firmly vegan and anti-hunting, is relatively civil and polite towards us. We cannot convince everybody, but we can always be civil to those we don't agree with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilianDono

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.