Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Article on the need for recruitment of hunters with an analysis of hunter demographics.

Why We Suck at Recruiting New Hunters, Why It Matters, and How You Can Fix It

Hunter numbers have been dwindling for decades; now the bottom is about to fall out of license-funded conservation. Here’s what went wrong and what you—yes, you—can do about it

https://www.outdoorlife.com/why-we-are-losing-hunters-and-how-to-fix-it/#page-8

Screenshot (699).png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been introducing anyone I can to hunting, here and in Africa.
We certainly need more people to join our minority.

Article on the need for recruitment of hunters with an analysis of hunter demographics.

Why We Suck at Recruiting New Hunters, Why It Matters, and How You Can Fix It

Hunter numbers have been dwindling for decades; now the bottom is about to fall out of license-funded conservation. Here’s what went wrong and what you—yes, you—can do about it

https://www.outdoorlife.com/why-we-are-losing-hunters-and-how-to-fix-it/#page-8

View attachment 348190

G'day Hog Patrol

I have no kids of my own, but my sisters all have kids and none of them are interested in hunting, they have been totally brainwashed over politically correct school teachers, sort of like the Nazis and communists indoctrinating children during war time periods. My cousins kids have been brought up on farms, so thankfully they see the light and are with us. My other hunting friends always welcome new hunters, but you always still have to make sure that they are not nut cases, or Ya-hoos.

In the office that I work at, it is one of my duties to ask all contractors for identification documents in order to do Police checks / Pr-engagement integrity checks, and during this process I have met quiet a few hunters producing their shooters license as ID, so there are still a few of us out there who are not afraid to be ridiculed. (y)

I know some children under 18, who are so keen, but they come from broken relationships, and getting consent from parents to educate the kids further will be an issue until they turn 18. I would rather stay clear until then, as all the massacres from the nutcases have really had an effect on all modern mothers whom want to shelter their families from the big bad world.

Safety and responsibility is priority in our hunting activities, so before taking anyone on, you gotta make sure that they are orientated that way too.

I sincerely wish us all the best in future recruiting.

Take care.

Regards
Rob

G'day Hog Patrol

I have no kids of my own, but my sisters all have kids and none of them are interested in hunting, they have been totally brainwashed over politically correct school teachers, sort of like the Nazis and communists indoctrinating children during war time periods. My cousins kids have been brought up on farms, so thankfully they see the light and are with us. My other hunting friends always welcome new hunters, but you always still have to make sure that they are not nut cases, or Ya-hoos.

In the office that I work at, it is one of my duties to ask all contractors for identification documents in order to do Police checks / Pr-engagement integrity checks, and during this process I have met quiet a few hunters producing their shooters license as ID, so there are still a few of us out there who are not afraid to be ridiculed. (y)

I know some children under 18, who are so keen, but they come from broken relationships, and getting consent from parents to educate the kids further will be an issue until they turn 18. I would rather stay clear until then, as all the massacres from the nutcases have really had an effect on all modern mothers whom want to shelter their families from the big bad world.

Safety and responsibility is priority in our hunting activities, so before taking anyone on, you gotta make sure that they are orientated that way too.

I sincerely wish us all the best in future recruiting.

Take care.

Regards
Rob
Rob
When my son was a little tacker I wrote an article for one of our shooting mag and my son wanted to use it at show and tell but the teacher said it was inappropriate. We went and saw the principal and he had no issues so over rode the teacher. The amount of kids who were interested in the class was great and my son was proud of it.
The teacher was passed off when my son answered the kids about why dad hunts but that's life.
That was my son's intro into social justice and he still stands up when it comes to dickheads on social issues.
I'm one proud dad.
Bob

Rob
When my son was a little tacker I wrote an article for one of our shooting mag and my son wanted to use it at show and tell but the teacher said it was inappropriate. We went and saw the principal and he had no issues so over rode the teacher. The amount of kids who were interested in the class was great and my son was proud of it.
The teacher was passed off when my son answered the kids about why dad hunts but that's life.
That was my son's intro into social justice and he still stands up when it comes to dickheads on social issues.
I'm one proud dad.
Bob

G'day Bob,

Yes, you are a lucky man to have a son like that, and of course you must be a great dad too! (y)

Man, I can totally understand why you are so proud of him (y):)

It also takes a brave man to confront biased teachers too, and to top it off, win against them.

Keep up the great work, you are an asset to the forum.

Regards
Rob

G'day Bob,

Yes, you are a lucky man to have a son like that, and of course you must be a great dad too! (y)

Man, I can totally understand why you are so proud of him (y):)

It also takes a brave man to confront biased teachers too, and to top it off, win against them.

Keep up the great work, you are an asset to the forum.

Regards
Rob
Dinosaur
Dunno about a great dad I just give him the tools it's up to him to use them. He also gave the principal a petition to say the dodge group didn't want practices changed. The principal said all he had to do was talk to him. My son told him he wanted to make sure he would and that he had the support of the group.
He don't take crap but can object politely to his elders.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg