We Need More Hunters

Hogpatrol

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 13, 2013
Messages
10,590
Reaction score
39,098
Location
Delaware, USA
Media
104
Articles
6
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Article on the need for recruitment of hunters with an analysis of hunter demographics.


Why We Suck at Recruiting New Hunters, Why It Matters, and How You Can Fix It

Hunter numbers have been dwindling for decades; now the bottom is about to fall out of license-funded conservation. Here’s what went wrong and what you—yes, you—can do about it


https://www.outdoorlife.com/why-we-are-losing-hunters-and-how-to-fix-it/#page-8


Screenshot (699).png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Article on the need for recruitment of hunters with an analysis of hunter demographics.


Why We Suck at Recruiting New Hunters, Why It Matters, and How You Can Fix It

Hunter numbers have been dwindling for decades; now the bottom is about to fall out of license-funded conservation. Here’s what went wrong and what you—yes, you—can do about it


https://www.outdoorlife.com/why-we-are-losing-hunters-and-how-to-fix-it/#page-8


View attachment 348190



G'day Hog Patrol

I have no kids of my own, but my sisters all have kids and none of them are interested in hunting, they have been totally brainwashed over politically correct school teachers, sort of like the Nazis and communists indoctrinating children during war time periods. My cousins kids have been brought up on farms, so thankfully they see the light and are with us. My other hunting friends always welcome new hunters, but you always still have to make sure that they are not nut cases, or Ya-hoos.

In the office that I work at, it is one of my duties to ask all contractors for identification documents in order to do Police checks / Pr-engagement integrity checks, and during this process I have met quiet a few hunters producing their shooters license as ID, so there are still a few of us out there who are not afraid to be ridiculed. (y)

I know some children under 18, who are so keen, but they come from broken relationships, and getting consent from parents to educate the kids further will be an issue until they turn 18. I would rather stay clear until then, as all the massacres from the nutcases have really had an effect on all modern mothers whom want to shelter their families from the big bad world.

Safety and responsibility is priority in our hunting activities, so before taking anyone on, you gotta make sure that they are orientated that way too.

I sincerely wish us all the best in future recruiting.

Take care.

Regards
Rob
 
G'day Hog Patrol

I have no kids of my own, but my sisters all have kids and none of them are interested in hunting, they have been totally brainwashed over politically correct school teachers, sort of like the Nazis and communists indoctrinating children during war time periods. My cousins kids have been brought up on farms, so thankfully they see the light and are with us. My other hunting friends always welcome new hunters, but you always still have to make sure that they are not nut cases, or Ya-hoos.

In the office that I work at, it is one of my duties to ask all contractors for identification documents in order to do Police checks / Pr-engagement integrity checks, and during this process I have met quiet a few hunters producing their shooters license as ID, so there are still a few of us out there who are not afraid to be ridiculed. (y)

I know some children under 18, who are so keen, but they come from broken relationships, and getting consent from parents to educate the kids further will be an issue until they turn 18. I would rather stay clear until then, as all the massacres from the nutcases have really had an effect on all modern mothers whom want to shelter their families from the big bad world.

Safety and responsibility is priority in our hunting activities, so before taking anyone on, you gotta make sure that they are orientated that way too.

I sincerely wish us all the best in future recruiting.

Take care.

Regards
Rob
Rob
When my son was a little tacker I wrote an article for one of our shooting mag and my son wanted to use it at show and tell but the teacher said it was inappropriate. We went and saw the principal and he had no issues so over rode the teacher. The amount of kids who were interested in the class was great and my son was proud of it.
The teacher was passed off when my son answered the kids about why dad hunts but that's life.
That was my son's intro into social justice and he still stands up when it comes to dickheads on social issues.
I'm one proud dad.
Bob
 
Rob
When my son was a little tacker I wrote an article for one of our shooting mag and my son wanted to use it at show and tell but the teacher said it was inappropriate. We went and saw the principal and he had no issues so over rode the teacher. The amount of kids who were interested in the class was great and my son was proud of it.
The teacher was passed off when my son answered the kids about why dad hunts but that's life.
That was my son's intro into social justice and he still stands up when it comes to dickheads on social issues.
I'm one proud dad.
Bob


G'day Bob,

Yes, you are a lucky man to have a son like that, and of course you must be a great dad too! (y)

Man, I can totally understand why you are so proud of him (y):)

It also takes a brave man to confront biased teachers too, and to top it off, win against them.

Keep up the great work, you are an asset to the forum.

Regards
Rob
 
G'day Bob,

Yes, you are a lucky man to have a son like that, and of course you must be a great dad too! (y)

Man, I can totally understand why you are so proud of him (y):)

It also takes a brave man to confront biased teachers too, and to top it off, win against them.

Keep up the great work, you are an asset to the forum.

Regards
Rob
Dinosaur
Dunno about a great dad I just give him the tools it's up to him to use them. He also gave the principal a petition to say the dodge group didn't want practices changed. The principal said all he had to do was talk to him. My son told him he wanted to make sure he would and that he had the support of the group.
He don't take crap but can object politely to his elders.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,386
Members
169,553
Latest member
LeeBennet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top