Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
For those of you that are certified duck heads like I am show us your waterfowling pics. I'll start it off with a few.
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_1367.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG
IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_2015.JPG
IMG_2049.JPG
IMG_1380.JPG
IMG_2034.JPG

Gizmo leave some for the rest of us man!

Ok here's a few I could dig up pretty quick, I have a boat load more somewhere I just have to find them.
HPIM0518.JPG
HPIM0384.JPG
HPIM0437.JPG
HPIM0652.JPG
HPIM0120.JPG
HPIM0212.JPG

DSCF0113.JPG
DSCF0118.JPG
Zachar Bay 2014.JPG

I have been twice, the first time when I was younger and didn't see a thing till we picked up the decoys and 5 came and landed 10 yards from us. Of course no one had a gun. This was the second trip. Every time I'm driving now and see a pond I check to see if ducks are in it now lol

IMG_5610.JPG
IMG_5612.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a couple pics from my house. We haven't shot them all......
20140215_134909.jpg

I love ducks. My wife never has understood why I'll get up at 3 in the morning in the worst weather imaginable to shoot something that if we're being honest doesn't really taste all that great. That being said until someone has been there as the sun starts to rise and hears the whistling wings over head and see the birds pile into the deeks and set their wings or two thousand honkers tornadoing 70 yards overhead you just can't understand. Each and every bird is beautiful. I've never seen an "ugly" duck. Even things like the drab gadwall is beautiful. I get more excited over waterfowling than I do deer hunting.

I used to hunt quite a bit of waterfowl. Not so much any more. Half a dozen times a season or so.

Here is what a couple friends and I did last Saturday in about an hour and a half. With this major cold front this weekend, I wimped out and stayed in bed.;)

Ducks.JPG

I used to hunt quite a bit of waterfowl. Not so much any more. Half a dozen times a season or so.

Here is what a couple friends and I did last Saturday in about an hour and a half. With this major cold front this weekend, I wimped out and stayed in bed.;)

View attachment 166840
Awesome! Not he'll nor high water could keep me away. That's a nice bag mallard, widgeon, gadwall, and blue wing!

Erik,

Where do you hunt your Sandhills?

We went just outside of Lubbock this year.

I love ducks. My wife never has understood why I'll get up at 3 in the morning in the worst weather imaginable to shoot something that if we're being honest doesn't really taste all that great. That being said until someone has been there as the sun starts to rise and hears the whistling wings over head and see the birds pile into the deeks and set their wings or two thousand honkers tornadoing 70 yards overhead you just can't understand. Each and every bird is beautiful. I've never seen an "ugly" duck. Even things like the drab gadwall is beautiful. I get more excited over waterfowling than I do deer hunting.

I understand exactly what you're saying. Sorry I don't have any cool pics handy to post. I had to take about a 10 year hiatus from waterfowling due to work and moving, but am finally starting to get back into it this season. Opening day this year brought back a lot of good memories. One of my most memorable hunts was when I was in middle school. A buddy of mine's dad had a lease on a goose pit, and whenever we had an odd weekday off from school for snow, his elderly grandpa would drive the two of us up there. It wasn't the best pit in the area, usually only started killing birds once there was a good migration. One day the three of us were down there, and a huge migration of thousands of Canada's came in. My buddy was the only one with a goose call, and all he could do was make a few simple clucks. Despite that, two boys and an old man were able to get their limits that day in short order. I was hooked after that. I've had other hunts since then where many more birds were taken, but that one is my favorite memory. A good waterfowl hunt is an experience all of its own, and it looks like you've had some good ones yourself.

I understand exactly what you're saying. Sorry I don't have any cool pics handy to post. I had to take about a 10 year hiatus from waterfowling due to work and moving, but am finally starting to get back into it this season. Opening day this year brought back a lot of good memories. One of my most memorable hunts was when I was in middle school. A buddy of mine's dad had a lease on a goose pit, and whenever we had an odd weekday off from school for snow, his elderly grandpa would drive the two of us up there. It wasn't the best pit in the area, usually only started killing birds once there was a good migration. One day the three of us were down there, and a huge migration of thousands of Canada's came in. My buddy was the only one with a goose call, and all he could do was make a few simple clucks. Despite that, two boys and an old man were able to get their limits that day in short order. I was hooked after that. I've had other hunts since then where many more birds were taken, but that one is my favorite memory. A good waterfowl hunt is an experience all of its own, and it looks like you've had some good ones yourself.
What an awesome memory and that my friend is exactly what waterfowling is all about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg