Warthog cull and trophy hunting

Beauceron

AH member
Joined
Dec 7, 2023
Messages
21
Reaction score
19
Media
1
I am looking for hunting for 2025, I am only interested in warthog hunting.
Maybe some kind of offer from some big farm where they cause damage.
Please, no dizzying offers with prices.
I am looking for fair hunting for fair pay.
I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a basic offer and a satisfying hunt
 
Those hunts pop up from time to time and are incredibly fun.

The tough part to keeping prices down are that your ph often has agreements in place with the property owner on the price of the lodge and animals, including culls. Of course the PH still has his daily fees which not only covers his fee but also the use of his vehicle and fuel, and the usually a tracker/skinner.

Oftentimes the best "deals" that I've found are offered after one arrives for a regularly scheduled hunt. By that time of the year, the current conditions on the ground are well known to the land owner/manager and culls of all types are offered at great prices.

You may already know all this, but perhaps another person also looking for the same type of hunt does not.

I've had great cull hunting with @LJ SAFARIS and @KAROO WILD Safaris . Perhaps they will chime in as well.

My next hunt in RSA will be for culls only as the shipping of trophies are expensive. I'll be culling kudu, warthog and whatever the bush provides. I'll be there just to enjoy the company of friends and take in the sites and sound for a week.

Enjoy. I hope you get some great offers.
 
Beauceron, great idea to be upfront. I think the main catch is for many here this is a part of the business model or industry they are in.
Secondly I think you probably need to engage a PH or guide but see what pops up you might get a good offer but I don’t think self guided is an option if but I’m not sure from where I sit.
 
I did 2 of these many years ago,,, we took 70+ in one and 100+ on the second. Back in 2005 (or so) we where paying arund $100/per person on a 2x1 (or maybe we where 3 per vehicle) and $120 per hog. I beleive we hunted in 3 cars.
We would wait at waterholes (cattle farms) or spot and stalk at crop fields.
We are used to shoot running game, so we would shoot the first one standing still and a couple more of the go. Challeging hunt. We did get some nice trophies, but lots of medium size,,, not small ones though.
LOTS OF FUN!
When my kid grows a little more this is probably Ill do with him.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,655
Members
169,792
Latest member
Jameolsene
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top