Wanting to learn

Push feed vs CRF debate may be as old as the bolt action rifle itself ;) Regardless of one’s opinion and preference, there is one consideration that you may be well served to consider. Re-sale value of a Dangerous Game bolt action rifle chambered in .404 Jeffery can be considerable. Built on a Controlled Round Feed action such as a Model 70 or M98 Mauser, the rifle could fetch $4K depending on the details. Built on a M700 or 700 clone, you might not be able to give it away. Probably a bit of an overstatement, but not by much!
Interesting.

Well y’all fellows broke my dream..... nah just kidding. It did cause me to dig. I found a fellow that had his Winchester converted to 404. I actually have one of those crf Winchester’s. So now I got to send some emails to get the job rolling. And I am going to take the new action and make a stw. Flip flop the calibers so to speak. Thank y’all for great input.

I have bought a Defiance action. It has a Remington footprint with RUM boltface. While I would like a nice rifle I want a practical rifle. I am looking for a great barrel. I use kreiger and brux now. I would like to find a nice glass or wood stock for it. I really have a million questions. Thanks for letting me in and if any of you have any info, give me a shout.

I just received a Defiance action in Defiant Hunter with RUM bolt face though it is for .300 RUM.

Brian at SSK Industries will build it for me and he has tons of experience with big bores having built rifles up to .500 caliber. He will get whatever barrel manufacturer you wish.

I use Accurate Innovations (www.aigunstocks.com) for stock building with their aluminum chassis inside the stock they are designed to handle the recoil of big bores.

PM me if you want contact info.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.47.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.47.19 AM.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.47.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.47.22 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.47.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.47.25 AM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.47.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.47.28 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
On this topic, it’s no secret that I prefer serious, Paul Mauser designed claw extractor / “controlled round feed” repeaters.

Defiane Machine can build the action as CRF with 3 position safety if desired, it is an option. Mine was build that way, not sure if the OP specified that option or not.

Defiane Machine can build the action as CRF with 3 position safety if desired, it is an option. Mine was build that way, not sure if the OP specified that option or not.
That is good to know. I already had the action though.

Welcome to AH !

Good luck on the build and welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH and the posting side Lhleggtowner! This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Welcome to AH @Lhleggtowner. Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting!

Update guys! I decided to scrap the push feed 404. I have a crf Winchester in magnum length action. I contacted Dennis Olsen and he is going to convert it for me. Just got a lot of the details today on cost and the like. I really appreciate you fellows pointing me the way on this project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18whlsrolin

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross