Wanted Winchester 70 Safari Express In .416 Rem Mag

SigNu14

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking to get my first large cal rifle. Pretty keen on the .416 and have always been a fan of Winchester model 70s.

Feel free to PM me if you have an offer.

Cheers!

Are you US based?

I saw one on Gunbroker or Gunsinternational recently. They're pretty common. I have one and it's one of the most accurate rifles I own in any caliber.

I've got a 70 Classic Super Express 416 Rem out of the Custom shop with custom wood. Like new & I'd probably sell it

I just posted mine in the classifieds here.

I've got a very special one. A Big 5 model buffalo;)

I've had one since 2001. Great rifle very accurate and has taken a lot of buffalo. I have mine set up with a Swarovski PV 1.25 x 4 24mm scope with Talley detachable rings.

If I bring one rifle, it's the Mod 70 .416

I tend to pack light and bring rifles & ammo to Africa. 500 NE, .416 & 30.06. I stuff them in a Tuff pack and go.

I have used various bullets in the .416 from Barns X to Swift A Frames and Woodleigh solids.
Friends have used CEB's and they have performed very well.

Note: the reticle on the scope was off center and I decided to contact Swarovski about repair. I like the scope so much I was willing to pay. Customer service told me the scope was warranted -sent to Austria and shipped back to me. The scope is 20 years old. Great customer service.

I've had one since 2001. Great rifle very accurate and has taken a lot of buffalo. I have mine set up with a Swarovski PV 1.25 x 4 24mm scope with Talley detachable rings.

If I bring one rifle, it's the Mod 70 .416

I tend to pack light and bring rifles & ammo to Africa. 500 NE, .416 & 30.06. I stuff them in a Tuff pack and go.

I have used various bullets in the .416 from Barns X to Swift A Frames and Woodleigh solids.
Friends have used CEB's and they have performed very well.

Note: the reticle on the scope was off center and I decided to contact Swarovski about repair. I like the scope so much I was willing to pay. Customer service told me the scope was warranted -sent to Austria and shipped back to me. The scope is 20 years old. Great customer service.
Same sentiments. Matter of fact I hadn't shot in a while because of weather and decided to go to the range this morning. So the one I picked?- a Win70 416 Rem. Hard to beat 'em. I too have taken one as a one gun for both DG and PG- works great.

Just dropped the price on my 416, if you're still looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KerstinPaq

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.