Wanted Winchester 70 Safari Express In .416 Rem Mag

SigNu14

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking to get my first large cal rifle. Pretty keen on the .416 and have always been a fan of Winchester model 70s.

Feel free to PM me if you have an offer.

Cheers!

Mark R

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Are you US based?

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I saw one on Gunbroker or Gunsinternational recently. They're pretty common. I have one and it's one of the most accurate rifles I own in any caliber.

Nick Gottlob

Reaction score
I've got a 70 Classic Super Express 416 Rem out of the Custom shop with custom wood. Like new & I'd probably sell it

Papadoc

Reaction score
I just posted mine in the classifieds here.

ActionBob

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
I've got a very special one. A Big 5 model buffalo;)

festuscat

Reaction score
I've had one since 2001. Great rifle very accurate and has taken a lot of buffalo. I have mine set up with a Swarovski PV 1.25 x 4 24mm scope with Talley detachable rings.

If I bring one rifle, it's the Mod 70 .416

I tend to pack light and bring rifles & ammo to Africa. 500 NE, .416 & 30.06. I stuff them in a Tuff pack and go.

I have used various bullets in the .416 from Barns X to Swift A Frames and Woodleigh solids.
Friends have used CEB's and they have performed very well.

Note: the reticle on the scope was off center and I decided to contact Swarovski about repair. I like the scope so much I was willing to pay. Customer service told me the scope was warranted -sent to Austria and shipped back to me. The scope is 20 years old. Great customer service.

fourfive8

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
I've had one since 2001. Great rifle very accurate and has taken a lot of buffalo. I have mine set up with a Swarovski PV 1.25 x 4 24mm scope with Talley detachable rings.

If I bring one rifle, it's the Mod 70 .416

I tend to pack light and bring rifles & ammo to Africa. 500 NE, .416 & 30.06. I stuff them in a Tuff pack and go.

I have used various bullets in the .416 from Barns X to Swift A Frames and Woodleigh solids.
Friends have used CEB's and they have performed very well.

Note: the reticle on the scope was off center and I decided to contact Swarovski about repair. I like the scope so much I was willing to pay. Customer service told me the scope was warranted -sent to Austria and shipped back to me. The scope is 20 years old. Great customer service.
Same sentiments. Matter of fact I hadn't shot in a while because of weather and decided to go to the range this morning. So the one I picked?- a Win70 416 Rem. Hard to beat 'em. I too have taken one as a one gun for both DG and PG- works great.

Papadoc

Reaction score
Just dropped the price on my 416, if you're still looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butzbach

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.