Wanted Left Hand Winchester M70 Safari Express .375 H&H

Bringing back an old thread…any one want to sell a lefty? Or trade?

IMG_3160.jpeg

I’m like Sgt. Zim, whatya got there that you’d be willing to trade? I’ve got a couple of left handed rifles that I’d be willing to swap or sell.

There is a Winchester Model 70 Safari Express LH .375 for Sale on Guns International. It is listed for $3895 and it was offered to me for $3250 but I found a LH Dakota in .375 I liked much better.

On Guns International Winchester Model 70 LH .375 Safari Express # 102460284. Listed for $3950 they will take $3475 Plus shipping .

Also open to .416 in the same configuration but don’t know if Winchester ever made one in a lefty model.
Are you still in the market for Win LH H&H .375? I have one that's Swarovski scoped. Its been on one hunt to Zimbabwe. I took leopard, cape buffalo, hippo, sable, zebra civet cat, wart hog and a few impalas. The rifle and scope performed well. It and the scope were new before the hunt. If interested I can give more detail.

I see very few M70 Lefties in 375 these days...you might look at Dakota's as well...last lefty 375 M70 I saw sold for almost $3k

All but one of my 375 length Lefty M70's started out as 7 Rem Mag's and 300 Winnie and had the rear bridge opened up to accommodate the 3.6" length.
JMJ888: Same here, I bought a Winchester 7mm CRF and had it built into a custom .375 H&H (thru out all but the action)….love the rifle and total cost was right around $5000 - this was in 2009. Kreiger barrel, jewel trigger, ebony tip on oil finished stock…came out nice but nothing “fancy”. Was also MOA accurate and in 15 years i fired only one “hunting shot” with it - into a decent Alaskan Griz. I still like having it - it resides in my safe and stands guard over my smaller caliber guns !

I found one fter a diligent search. NIB M70 LH Classic. $2500 three years ago.

Restock being finished now.

Godd luck in your search.

I had a Left Hand M70 Classic Stainless 7mm RM in an aftermarket synthetic stock sort of land in front of me and I snapped it up immediately. What I wanted was a 375 H&H so off to a smith it went for a Douglas barrel ( # 5 contour IIRC ), a new barrel band for the sling, a Wyatt magazine box, opening the loading / ejection port, Talley scope bases, PTG one piece bottom metal then over to Browns for a custom LH synthetic stock ib classic style.
After receiveing it from the USA it needed a little more finishing work with my smith here in NZ to make it perfect but nothing too complicated and all was done quite quickly.
Ended up spending more than I anticipated but love the rifle and it's carried afield with great enjoyment.

Are you still in the market for Win LH H&H .375? I have one that's Swarovski scoped. Its been on one hunt to Zimbabwe. I took leopard, cape buffalo, hippo, sable, zebra civet cat, wart hog and a few impalas. The rifle and scope performed well. It and the scope were new before the hunt. If interested I can give more detail.
Do you still have the left hand model 70 375?

Thanks, I am not. I found one about 8 months ago through this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shelli44Y

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.