Wanted .25-20 Brass & Suitable Cast/Jacketed Bullets

Green Chile

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Feb 12, 2022
Messages
5,446
Reaction score
21,003
Location
DFW
Website
www.mattanjahuntingsafaris.com
Media
148
Hunting reports
Africa
7
USA/Canada
7
Mex/S.Amer
1
Member of
NRA, GSCO
Hunted
Argentina, Saskatchewan, Eastern Cape, Limpopo, Zimbabwe, 30 US states and counting
Anything available?
 
Anything available?
@Green Chile
Try this place mate
Bob
Screenshot_20210804-230019_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210804-225901_Chrome.jpg
 
Thanks for that source. I just called them and the last time they had 25-20 brass was in 2020! They do have a page that shows what is currently in stock.
 
Huntington’s has brass in stock
 
Just talked to Huntington's...they are out but hope to have some this summer.
 
Remington and Winchester produce the brass and bullets every year or two. I stocked up in 2020 when they were available last. I suggest you do the same when they come back in stock. I was able to grab 300 brass and 500 86gr Remington bullets for regular pricing.
 
Indeed. I'm usually in good shape but starting a new caliber in this season is challenging.
 
I possibly have factory loaded ammo hidden away in garage. Would you be interested?
 
Factory ammo for everything is really high right now. I'm mostly interested in brass but feel free to PM me with options.
 
Factory ammo for everything is really high right now. I'm mostly interested in brass but feel free to PM me with options.

I live in Canada and just bought a 25/20, No brass available in Canada but found loaded ammo for $134/50. It’s a start but need dies and bullet moulds now.
 
Have seen ammo at the LGS, but quite high priced. I had a Marlin for a while, see if I still have anything left but I doubt it.
 
I live in Canada and just bought a 25/20, No brass available in Canada but found loaded ammo for $134/50. It’s a start but need dies and bullet moulds now.
@Spooksar
25-20 ammo in Australia is 179 dollars for 50. Never bought any.
Managed to get 200 new cases and 500 cast bullets for it .the 500 cast cost me $54
I load 3.4 grains of trail boss and have a ball. It's at about 1,100fps and a pound of powder is going to last a looong time.
My other load is 10 grains of 2207/4198 behind the 86gn cast for around 1,500 fps.
Cheap fun.
Bob
 
I need to check what I have available. If I remember correctly I bought some from a guy a few years ago because it was available and know how hard it is to come by from time to time.
If you haven't heard back from me in a day or 2 - pm me to remind me.
If you don't have to have 25-20 headstamp I know that I could probably put together a mixed pack of 218bee that would need to be necked up or 32-20 that would need to be necked down.
 
I need to check what I have available. If I remember correctly I bought some from a guy a few years ago because it was available and know how hard it is to come by from time to time.
If you haven't heard back from me in a day or 2 - pm me to remind me.
If you don't have to have 25-20 headstamp I know that I could probably put together a mixed pack of 218bee that would need to be necked up or 32-20 that would need to be necked down.
@Mwag
If making them from 32-20 brass use plenty of case lube and do it very slowly or you will lose more cases than you actually make..
If necking up the 218 bee brass use a good tapered expander like the Lee fls and dry case lube for the neck.
Bob
 

I have had really good experiences with Dan at the bull shop for quality cast bullets. He even makes me cast plinking bullets for my 505 Gibbs
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 7.05.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 7.05.35 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 7.05.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 7.05.37 AM.png
    496.3 KB · Views: 98

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,046
Members
169,889
Latest member
flavbemonra1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top