Want a new scope

Your son is a lucky guy! I wish someone passed me some optics or just any gear)
 
"I have a bucket list item to make 3 on target hits with this rifle at 1000 yards" Then shoot at paper. Game animals deserve better than very low percentage "hope" shots.
 
You might want to check out the Vortex Viper line. Real quality scopes with a Leupold warranty at very reasonable prices
TOTALLY agree with this comment on the VORTEX... incredible clarity, robust and excellent value for money!! Out of the Swarovsky stable...
 
It may be a little late but Leupold has a $100 rebate on their VX-3 line of scopes that are purchased before the end of the year.
 
I bought and returned 2 Nikons. Dirt and debris in the tube and the eye relief was supposed to be 4" measured out at 3.
That's unfortunate. Were they Monarch 3's? I have several Monarch 3's, VX3's, Zeiss HD5's and all are excellent. The edge would be to the Zeiss as it has a 5x zoom ratio as opposed to 4x, and it has better light retention in low light.
 
I do agree with other individuals in this thread that you should never "skimp" on optics especially if considering shooting animals at distance. It gives you a better chance at making an ethical clean hit. It also shows respect for the animal.
 
It may be a little late but Leupold has a $100 rebate on their VX-3 line of scopes that are purchased before the end of the year.

Thanks Jim
This started months ago but I paid for it from Leupold Custom in middle of December just got it yesterday. Will have to check to see if it qualifies. Looks great in a custom gray color on my Ruger Guide Rifle in 375 Ruger.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
 
I am not sure what the problem is. An 8 power scope will make the animal at 600yd look like it is 75 yards away. If you can not see the animal well enough to shoot it, then magnification is not the problem. Quality of glass is the problem. Start saving your pennies and look at Kahles, Swaro's, Zeiss. There are others like Schmidt and Bender, Nightforce but these are dearer again then the Kahles KX, Swaro Z3, and Zeiss Conquests etc.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,242
Members
169,306
Latest member
darrickhoppe
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top