Wanna see a 50 BMG blow up in a guy's face???

@Wishfulthinker580 I posted the original video on another forum with a 50 bmg section and they brought up the fact that sabot's are a no no through a MB. Would be interesting to know if there is a warning on the barrel or in big bold letters in the manual.

CJW- Funny you mentioned the muzzle brake issue with slap ammo…. I saw this video of the .50 blow up a while ago and I immediately thought of a conversation I had 15+ years ago with a Marine who had LOTS of Barrett experience in real combat conditions.

Once upon a time in College Station Texas; a buddy of mine who had done a tour in Iraq as a scout sniper and come back to finish college and later joined the FBI was telling me about the dangers of SLAP ammo as some of it had come into the hands of the locals that were tell us both about the various experiments they were planning at the local gun range the next day.

They showed us pics of .50cal slap ammo and I distinctly remember the look on Jeff’s face when He realized what they had planned and how authoritative and “Marine like” his voice got as he said….

“You should know that those rounds are designed to be fired from a belt fed M2 and furthermore it is absolutely forbidden to fire those from any weapon with a muzzle brake because the sabot can become lodged in the muzzle brake. ….Bottom line, if you fire those out of a civilian quality rifle I’ll give you a 50/50 chance of death or serious injury!”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg