Wanna see a 50 BMG blow up in a guy's face???

CJW

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Explosion is at 4:28

That gun looks janky as hell to me and I certainly wouldn't fire it. Also a lesson to not fire rounds that you aren't sure of because it sounds like this guy is about a 1/4" away from being dead.

Oh Christ - a goofy Frankengun shooting a .50 BMG round that he has "no way of knowing" is loaded hot. Darwin nominee for sure.

That looked like a pipe bomb.

I was never a fan of those Serbu 50’s or any of the other budget 50’s for that reason.

I'm not a metalurgist or engineer of any sort but I think I had a small heart attack when he inserted that round and screwed that cap on and then saw how it locked up. There is just not enough meat on that thing for me.

I’ve seen a number of .50 cal failures with guns like this. There was one a few years shot that sent the bolt through a guys face and shoulder when the mugs sheared off the bolt. I’m not shooting a .50 cal unless is something quality like Barrett. And I’m damn sure not shooting crazy old mil surplus rounds.

I was about to post this, saw it another forum. The guy makes lots of vids, this isnt his first. Pretty sure he didnt almost kill himself to make a video...

Scary. And a good reason not to mess with questionable firearms and rounds.
Also a good reason to know your rifle is able to handle high pressures.
I’ve read that the Blaser R8 was tested up to 210,000 psi. Does that mean I can run any random ammo through it? Maybe some unknown handloads?

I'm not a metalurgist or engineer of any sort but I think I had a small heart attack when he inserted that round and screwed that cap on and then saw how it locked up. There is just not enough meat on that thing for me.
@CJW
He's one lucky SOB.
BOB

So the fatal rounds are shooting all over the place.....there must have been a big difference in recoil as well for sure....
You continue shooting????Why???
Only reason is the video camera....yip making movies again.....
I hate it when making movies takes over....even when hunting...been there often enough met some real assholes in that game.....take chances when you should not....film stuff that is not what happened...all for the sake of youtube or TV.....

Let it be a lesson to him.....

Old unknown surplus ammo and a cheap gun shooting it. Yep, seems logical !
But remember, he said it happened without fault from himself. Haha, moron !

Last edited:
The history of SLAP round development is full of mishaps like the one above, but in much more carefully controlled and safe settings. I would be surprised if his data was exactly correct, and an operating pressure of 55KPSI was both safe and expected, yet 85KPSI spelled disaster. Not enough safety margin. Bullets striking 18" from POA at such a short distance was a real clue that something bad was happening in the bore. Anyway, I have seen his YT channel, and he is not a nut case at all, but quite an articulate and well informed guy who made a mistake. A nearly fatal mistake. Anyone forget their safety glasses from now on? Didn't think so .......valuable lesson, thanks for posting......FWB

Scary. And a good reason not to mess with questionable firearms and rounds.
Also a good reason to know your rifle is able to handle high pressures.
I’ve read that the Blaser R8 was tested up to 210,000 psi. Does that mean I can run any random ammo through it? Maybe some unknown handloads?
Yep, I would. But I don't own a Blaser, so the video of you shooting those unknown rounds is all up to you? Ha! Ha! Ha!

Wow I was wondering why he disappeared from my youtube feed in the last month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.