Victoria Falls Water Levels

cruiser metre.jpg

I may have a problem soon.
my boats may end up on top of my harbour instead of next to and inside of it.
576C7EF0-3F78-4DDF-B8AB-C9060DEA8653.jpeg

I usually have between 4’ (at high levels) and 8’+ (at low levels) of water below the top of this jetty.

my boats may end up on top of my harbour instead of next to and inside of it. View attachment 334777

I usually have between 4’ (at high levels) and 8’+ (at low levels) of water below the top of this jetty.

This is up on lake tanganyika ..and have seen the small harbour there at petes fish farm... and the level was way lower with one of the big fishing boats moored there..... Don't even have to stretch your foot to wet your toe now.....

my boats may end up on top of my harbour instead of next to and inside of it. View attachment 334777

I'm guessing it is six feet higher than when I was there in September! That's a lot of damn water.....

Nancy wants to go back and see Vic Falls next month.

@Jumbo you’ve just seen the falls, any pics to share?

"The Zambezi River coming into Zambia from Angola at Chavuma peaked in late February ( a month earlier then normal) but is still very high, and it is still raining in Angola! The river peaked at 5006 m3/sec as opposed to 612 cm3/sec last year - an 800+% increase! The Barotse flood plain will be filling fast and the Kuomboka Ceremony will probably be early this year ( this is when the Lozi king, the Litunga , moves from his low level to his high level palace - a very colourful ceremony!), The river has also started rising sharply at Ngonye Falls - about half way from Barotseland to the Falls - this is probably the first of the flood water coming through. Victoria Falls is rising slowly from local rain and the first flood waters are not expected for a while yet. However, ti should be a big flood once the flood gets here!"

From the opposite side but this will give folks an idea of the water level last September.

20190919_104323.jpg

Pete you need to get usa and UK to drill a hole in the lake bottom like they did according to the Zim press in kariba..... Sorted......:A Banana::A Thumbs Up:
o_O

Wonder if the Kariba wall can handle it?

What?.......

I remember reading that the wall was in pretty bad shape 2 years ago with concerns about cracking etc. and rehabilitation being funded by Sweden, the EU, the World Bank and some other funders.
Hopefully they did a better job in repairing it than our fantastic government has managed with our infrastructure...

I remember reading that the wall was in pretty bad shape 2 years ago with concerns about cracking etc. and rehabilitation being funded by Sweden, the EU, the World Bank and some other funders.
Hopefully they did a better job in repairing it than our fantastic government has managed with our infrastructure...

Ok I thought you were referring to petes post....that is opposite end of the country to kariba..... Even with the very high rains leading to the falls having serious water flowing over.... I think I read it will take three years of same amount to bring kariba back to proper level.... It's big.......

I think if you Google what they supposedly doing there to kariba there is info there....but who knows.....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbiGob

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double